The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > 23 tip and 10 tip combo on brutus stand

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #11
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 369 Times on 302 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I have a ten foot outdoor Nat gas hose that comes out of my garage wall with a gas ball valve shut off at the wall. It then has a nat gas QD that I literally just plug into the back of my rig. The QD then tees into two and leads to each 32 tip burner through a Honeywell valve for each (part # on another thread somewhere). The gas valves are then controlled by two PIDs. I use 3/8 pipe and ya figure my PSI is only a couple of lbs since I'm using the nat gas supply from my house.

The slap fights on this forum (and you can look 'em up) is over whether or not you can control the output of these burners.

I can dial my flames down to 4 inches and up to three feet (seriously) with perfectly blue flames even though several people swear up and down that this is impossible and that I'm breaking laws of physics.

It comes down to whether you want propane or nat gas, what kind of valves you're using and whether or not you're able to hit the jackpot and get them to burn right. I have been able to figure it out and a couple of other folks have figured it out but others have relaly struggled to get them to burn right.

... at the end of the day, they put out a ASSLOAD of heat and you NEED to be able to control them... which... is a tricky proposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #12
TwoHeadsBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have a 20 foot 1/2" rubber utility hose that runs from a tee coming off my hot water connection in the garage. I have a barbed fitting connected to a 1/2" gas ball valve, and that is all I use to control the flame. From the ball valve to the burner, I use an 18" section of NPT 1/2" black pipe. No problems with yellow flame except for at full blast...which is so hot you can barely stand to be within 3 feet of it.

Fermenting: ESB
Kegged: Extra IPA, Brown Ale, American Wheat, Blackheart Stout
Coming Up: Dunkleweizen, 3C Pale Ale

DIY Fermentation Chamber
More Brew Stuff

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply