Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > 1BBL Stainless Single Tier

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 02:59 AM   #31
br1dge
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Here are a few pics of some upgrades since its been so long. First shows the pumps mounted.

Windshields finally mounted

Finally starting to get organized. Scored this fridge off craigslist and cleaned it up. Now its full of hops, yeast, beer, glasses and whatever else needs a home.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 03:19 AM   #32
br1dge
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

I think this is our consensus best buy of 2012. Call us crazy but we still smile every time we stop and admire our SS Mash paddle.

This is another big upgrade. 60 Plate Chiller from dudadeisel.

Fittings for new hoses, HEX coil and whirlpool from Stainless brewing. The fittings were great. Not a huge fan of the bulkhead as it reduces flow a bit more than the other bulkheads I have but the tradeoff is you dont have to drill another hole. We will be putting together the new hoses shortly but are once again waiting on another shipment for more silicon hose that the LHBS was out of last week.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:23 AM   #33
br1dge
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Round 1 of new pics has been completed and Ill try to post some more pics tomorrow when I get some time.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #34
aludwig
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but do you have pictures, or can you talk about the whirlpool a little? (Nice build, BTW) I'm building a 1 BBL system and i'm worried about being able to get that much volume moving fast enough to get good trub separation. Do you find that the pump you have is adequate for this?

Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #35
br1dge
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you aludwig. I just saw your message. I need to add some more photos and will do so soon. We ended up ordering a 1/2" SS racking cane, cutting it down and mounting it in our BK for our whirlpool. It does a pretty good job of moving the liquid around but is probably right on the edge of wanting to step up the pumps. Its just a lot of volume in the BK when full. It definitely gets things moving but I wouldnt go much bigger than this without a bigger pump. Now that we are at this size if I had it to do over again I might upgrade the pumps and possibly even go to 3/4" on all fittings. It takes us about 12 minutes to completely drain our HLT or BK with pump in our current setup.

Quick Reply