13.2 Gallon Keg to Keggle Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremyx

Reaction score
I scored a couple of 13.2 gallon kegs. I bought a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder but I found that I won't be able to cut a very wide hole with it, (maybe 11 inches at best).

The keg is about 15in in diameter from handle to handle. One of them has much more curve in the top than the other.

Anyone have any experience with this size keg? I was thinking I'll have to use a dremel tool to get a wider hole.

I recently acquired some 50L/13.3g kegs myself. I also used 4.5 inch angle grinder to cut out the top and found that due to the top outter rim this allowed me to cut about a 10.5 inch circle from the top. I didn't try to enlarge the hole by using my dremel but would be curious to know if that works out for you and if so what cutting wheels you used. Any reason you are trying for a larger hole? At first I was thinking i would need a larger opening for the FB i had planned on using but I think i'm going to go with a 10in SS FB from northern brewer instead.

I would say if you are planning on using a dremel to enlarge the hole it would just be easier to use it to cut the hole.... that being said be prepared to spend some time on it and go through some cutting disks....

Back