The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > $112 Tri Clover RIMS Tube Pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #61
pola0502ds
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewurzel View Post
Looks Interesting Derrins rims Tube with sight glass. Nice
Do you use a 220VAC element in there as its long enough?

Your Therminator also Looks Interesting. Care to share?

I"m sure the clamp that i use would also fit your tubing.
I am using a 1500w 120v element from plumbing supply. I think it's overall length is 7 or 8 inchs. Thats all I need for a RIMS setup. I also have valves that welders use on their torches so I can control the burners so that there is barely a flame but just enough to produce heat without burning the wort.

The terminator setup, I liked the chill-wizard from sabco so i tried to do something similar, it's still not done yet as i am waiting on parts but heres the deal. I have a thermometer on the outlet of the wort and the inlet of the water, it just makes it nice to see what your incoming water is to help throttle the valves. Then i have a sight glass on the wort out connected to a tee with a diffusion stone in one end and a valve on the other. This will be my inline aeration fixture. Thats about it.
41211-007.jpg   41211-009.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #62
EarthBound
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Guy-

I know I'm diggin up an old thread, but how was this tube worked out for you so far? Well enough, I assume...

"You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and an endless supply of beer."

Old 04-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #63
GrantH
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm interested to hear this as well. I am looking at the 1.5" system, with the 1" reducer for the element and I can't decide which thermocoupler I want to use with which controller.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #64
thewurzel
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantH View Post
I'm interested to hear this as well. I am looking at the 1.5" system, with the 1" reducer for the element and I can't decide which thermocoupler I want to use with which controller.
still use mine works great

I have a Auber PID SLY 4342 as stated in thread Rims for dummies
I only use the Pt 100 RTD sensors which have disconnects making them easier to handle clean and not so worried about breaking or kinking the cables.
you can get the sensors from Auber instruments 1/2" mpt Thread or the Tri Clamp sensor. they also have may more sensor types to chose from, to suit your needs.
pay the extra for the Deluxe cable option and you can put a plug on the controller box and rims unit and or HLT / Mash Tun, have a cable to plug and play in between.

Quick Reply