Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > 1 bbl Brewery Build, "Cerveceria Coahuila"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 06:39 AM   #11
EarthBound
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaudill View Post
All 3 are closer to 2k I believe..
Yeah, for sure, my bad...

"You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and an endless supply of beer."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #12
afalconc
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

is for commercial purpose, but no sure which way to go, i think the most sure way will be a brew pub, hopefully it will expand from there...

Old 01-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #13
gunner65
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by afalconc View Post
is for commercial purpose, but no sure which way to go, i think the most sure way will be a brew pub, hopefully it will expand from there...
Wow, way to hit the ground running!

Single Vessel BIAB is all I need....Until we figure out the no vessel technique.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #14
afalconc
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

which do you thing is better desing for the grill of the burners, the one to the left or the right???

Old 01-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #15
Waunabeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

The right side; it appears that it will allow more direct heating than the left side (blocked somewhat by the grates).

Great looking setup and best of luck.

Bottled/Kegged: --Bells Oberon Clone, Autumn Amber, Lemon Light Ale, Spotted Cow Clone, Honey Bee Ale, Double Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, Trappist Ale, Bell's Oberon Clone, Savannah Saison, Cream Ale, Fat Tire Clone, Mad Cow, Koppslam IIPA--
On Tap: Ben's IPA, Saison De Noel, Mad Cow
--------------------------------------------------

Old 01-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #16
jcaudill
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I would think twice about blocking the burner with your grate. You're not giving yourself any latitude to adjust the burner height any closer to the bottom of the pot than the depth of the grate plus some because it wouldn't be realistic to have the burner right at the bottom of the grate. By the time all is said and done, you might be 3" away from the pots, and find you need to be 2.5" because of some unforseen circumstance. I'd just remove the X from the center square if you want to keep the same look. That is going to be fun to weld!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #17
ImperialLover
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 118

Default Burners

Nice brother. Looks like a good plan. I agree with the grate blocking too much of the heat, especially with a 1BBL boil with gas.

Where did you get that burner? I'm constructing a 1BBL brewery myself and I'm looking at using 2 SP-10 burners on my BK. I bet it would be easier to control with just one large one. Is there a large difference in their performance? I have a 30psi regulator BTW.

Keg 1- Air
Keg 2- Air
Primary 1- Rainy Day Red
Primary 2- Air
Secondary 1- Air
Secondary 2- Air
On Deck- H&D On the Brown Low
In The Hole- Water into Barleywine!
Near Future-

Old 01-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #18
afalconc
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

heres a 3rt option for the grill, my main concern in putting a grate is to help with the weigth of the full load pot, in this case im shooting for a MLT ful with grain and liquit to a 660 lbs, with this 3rt option all the perimeter of the pot is sustain, but the center dosen't, can the weigth deform the bottom of the pot??? the pot is 24 gauge.

the hidden line in the pic is the pot outline.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #19
afalconc
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialLover View Post
Nice brother. Looks like a good plan. I agree with the grate blocking too much of the heat, especially with a 1BBL boil with gas.

Where did you get that burner? I'm constructing a 1BBL brewery myself and I'm looking at using 2 SP-10 burners on my BK. I bet it would be easier to control with just one large one. Is there a large difference in their performance? I have a 30psi regulator BTW.
the burner i get it from a local industrial kitchen store, it is like 6" wide, heres a link to some

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewin...55000-btu.html

but im not sure if its the same as mine

Old 01-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #20
jcaudill
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by afalconc View Post
heres a 3rt option for the grill, my main concern in putting a grate is to help with the weigth of the full load pot, in this case im shooting for a MLT ful with grain and liquit to a 660 lbs, with this 3rt option all the perimeter of the pot is sustain, but the center dosen't, can the weigth deform the bottom of the pot??? the pot is 24 gauge.

the hidden line in the pic is the pot outline.
Ya I think it is a legitimate concern - that is a lot of weight for sure! I would bring the 4 corner angles in more - they don't have to match the diameter of the pot and whatever burner you end up with won't need quite that much room. You probably need something around a 8-10" radius in the middle - but I would let the burner determine that.

Speaking of which: it seems to me direct firing 1BBL is a tall order. I thought somewhere between 20-25 gallons it starts to become impractical to direct fire and that's when you start thinking about other methods like steam. I may be wrong, and I am by no means an expert here. I'm just curious if you're researched that one and ran across anyone doing the same thing with reasonable results (that's the key: reasonable).

Quick Reply