Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > 1 BBL Brewery Build ( Brutus Inspired)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #31
Brew-ta-sauraus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

subscribed

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 01:16 AM   #32
Jaybrinks
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default A little more progress

Got the corner caps welded and grinded...and the burner brackets welded in. Still have to cut the metal for the actual mounts which will attach to the burner brackets. My plan is to make them adjustable....if only for the initial calibration....with flat 18gauge stock...the one with the holes down the length of it....I'll throw a pic up once I start mounting them.

The grill tops took quite a bit of time...I am very happy to have them done!! I do not have a good work surface...so getting everything square was a PIA....I will have to do some grinding on them cause they got uneven/warped on me...so they wobble a bit. That will have to wait until I get the stand's feet caps welded in and the leveling legs installed.....then I can circle back, level out the grill tops and weld them to the stand.

top1.jpg   top2.jpg  

Old 03-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #33
Jaybrinks
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Another Momentus Milestone

Slowly but Slowly....moving along. Got the feet plate finished so I can now level out the stand on my horribly uneven garage floor.

For the feet, I took 1/8" flat bar, doubled them up an tack welded them to the legs. I then used a unibit to drill out the 5/8" hole to allow the threaded feet to fit. I then Welded the nut to the plate...then grounded off the tacks...fliped them over and welded them in place.

For the record......please ask the welding police for a pardon....this is my first welding project!! Thank god for grinders!!!

feet1.jpg   feet2.jpg   feet3.jpg   feet4.jpg  

Old 03-26-2012, 05:43 AM   #34
JoshuaWhite5522
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

This build is very interesting and I am loving the progress. I was thinking about picking up the 210,000 btu hurricane for a 55 gal boilermaker. I would love to hear how it works on your system.

The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind
- Humphrey Bogart

My Keezer Build

Old 03-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #35
Fennellys
Recipes 

Looks good. We are planning on using the same style stand for our brewery addition to our restaurant. How are you planning on finishing your stand? Are you going to use high temp paint? Do you think the TBB or any other governing body will have any problems with it not being stainless?

Old 03-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #36
Jaybrinks
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks Josh...I will definitely report back on how the burners do.

As for finishing the stand...we are planning on high temp paint. We currently brew on a non stainless stand, so I don't think the TTB are concerned with the stand material....just my opinion... I don't know that for a fact.

I think you can run into the nit picky stuff like that with the local health inspectors more so! TTB are mostly concerned with getting their tax $$. Good luck with your brewery addition!!

1 BBL Brewery Build

My Vending Machine Fermentation Chamber

Old 03-27-2012, 03:56 AM   #37
luhrks
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybrinks

I could not find a jet burner that could boast 210,000 btu's like the Hurricanes do. They may be out there, but I did not find one. We also like the flexibility that the hurricanes offer. I can crank up the pressure to full blast....or back it way down for a tiny gentle flame....and they are nice and quiet.... there are fewer leak points to worry about as well....I'm sure we could have made the Jet Burner's work..but after a lot of research, these seemed like a good fit for us......I guess we will really find out once we do our first test run..

The High/Low pressure piping was only complicated at first...it is actually pretty simple to do...which allows us the full flexibility of using the Hurricanes on high pressure safely, getting the higher btu's.....and having adjustability.
http://www.tejassmokers.com/newproducts_page6.htm

Anything above 20 jets us suitable for your BK and HLT. For the MT I agree you will not get the granularity of control.

Y'all are local in Tacoma. If you'd like a demo on a 1/2 barrel system with automation, please PM.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #38
TeeJ911
Recipes 

The TTB is only interested in enforcing these particular CFR's and could careless if you fermented in plastic buckets or didn't use SS in certain applications. The local control boards may be a different matter but for our state we are ok. It is sometimes tough to navigate all the different agencies and the requirements for the Feds and the state but we have found at least in WA state the LCB folks are very friendly and helpful.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #39
jammin
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 192 Times on 152 Posts
Likes Given: 129

So are you guys bottling or is your beer only available at a pub? I'd sure like to sample what you're brewing.

cheers

Old 03-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #40
Jaybrinks
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin View Post
So are you guys bottling or is your beer only available at a pub? I'd sure like to sample what you're brewing.

cheers
Thanks....and we would love for you to sample it as well...

No bottling yet.....just kegs. We are located in Covington, WA...which is SE of Seattle by about 30 minutes.

We are carried by a few local pubs in the area...if you are in the area....let me know and I give you exact locations

1 BBL Brewery Build

My Vending Machine Fermentation Chamber

Quick Reply