Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Your personal beer "progression?"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #21
Danny013
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Mostly drank liquor in high school, easiest to get a hold of and more cost effective, I suppose. Rarely I could get someone to buy me a 6'er of beer. Since this was few and far between much of my time was spent talking about and thinking of beer, and shortly thereafter Guinness came into the equation. What I read of it and what most people said about it just sounded magical, so that's what I always went for. When I got into college and beer became easier to get, I started expanding a bit, trying other ales like Bass, Boddingtons, Smithwicks, Newcastle, etc. When I turned 21, I just started trying everything (and spening all my money too, lol). Much of my drinking career has been occupied with delicious ales form the British Isles, and they remain my favorite style to drink and brew - any of them! German/Belgian beers are great and I do enjoy them occasionally, but my mainstay beers are anything English in style. Screw all that citrusy/hoppy american crap! :P

I guess I never really had a 'BMC phase' and I consider myself lucky! I still get made fun of because I don't like it, but hey, that's college, I suppose.

Happy brewing!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
Rezilynt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

I started with Busch. Moved to AZ and had to switch to Bdd and Corona. Tried Guiness and got sicker than a dog. Found Modelo. Went into a Irish bar during St Patty's day - ordered a Bud - almost got thrown out so I tried Guiness again and loved it. After that, I started trying every import beer I could find. Had my first micro (Sam Adams) at Hooters in Tempe, AZ and was hooked!

If farmers make wine and engineers make beer, what the hell am I doing here?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply