Youngs Double Chocolate Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
Picked up a can of this today. It wasn't the best chocolate beer I've had, but the little pressurized widget in the can made for one of the most amazing pours I've ever seen. Starts out all foamy and settles in layers, and worth buying again just for that. A very smooth creamy beer.

Also picked up some Fat Tire Tripel, this is a decent beer.

Definitely a good beer. What's the best chocolate beer you've had?

The best chocolate style beer I've had to date is Descheutes Black Butte Porter. It's not marketed as a chocolate beer, but mentions it on the packaging. All of the chocolate flavor in this beer comes from the malt.

I'll tell you guys...I went to this brewfest in San Diego a while back at the county fair.....AleSmith brewing company was there and they had a frickin' awesome chocolate porter. They actually had to disassemble the tap before pouring me one because it was clogged with chocolate.....that makes me wonder....did they add chocolate after the boil? kinda like dry hopping...Willy Wonka style?

I think I tried Young's DCS out of a can only once and it wasn't as good as the bottle. Unfortunately no one here has it on tap, so I can't compare. It's the best chocolate stout I can get around these parts. That's alright because I like it. :D

Latest posts

Back