Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Wild onion Brewing Co.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 01:55 AM   #1
jonmohno
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 410 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 1193

Default Wild onion Brewing Co.

Anybody tried it? I had passed up a brewfest to try this local beer(unwillingly), turns out i found it in a can(4-Pack) 10$ for a double hop-slayer.Definatley worth picking up.Im curious about the others and the availability.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Great beer, but somewhat hard to find. Their pumpkin ale is pretty good. We just got this in at a local micropub.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 09-28-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
chiefkellen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I have sampled most of their beers and can confidently state that they are all pretty solid. There have been some reports about problems with consistency, although I doubt this to be the case with their distributed beers and have not found this to be an issue myself. The only negative experience I have was with their "Replicale" at a local tasting; it tasted strongly of sulfur rendering it undrinkable.

They distribute their Paddy Ale, Hop Slayer, Jack Stout, and some seasonal varieties (i.e., pumpkin, wit) in cans. If you find yourself in the area, they have a nice brewpub with better than average pub fare.

Quick Reply