Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Where would you start?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
rowan57
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

Default Where would you start?

So, the Beers of Europe warehouse is only about 45 minutes from me.

The question is, where would you start? What would you buy? I think my tactic is to save up a bunch of cash and splash it all at once say every 6 months. I don't like the idea of the mixed cases particularly, I want to choose my own.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
pjj2ba
Look under the recliner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 193 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowan57 View Post
So, the Beers of Europe warehouse is only about 45 minutes from me.

The question is, where would you start? What would you buy? I think my tactic is to save up a bunch of cash and splash it all at once say every 6 months. I don't like the idea of the mixed cases particularly, I want to choose my own.
If you drink it quicker than 6 months. For many beer styles freshness matters so buy them and the drink them, don't wait.

I'd be tempted to go once a month and pick a different beer style to buy each time. Try to find that style from as many different countries (if possible) as you can, or at least geographically diverse areas to get an idea of the variation in the style. This way if you try a dozen different of a style, you don't like any of them you can probably safely write that off as a style you do not like. You might find though that you REALLY like two, but the other 10 sucked, in which case you just need to be careful in selecting beers in that style. Or maybe you like them all.
Primary: Pale Ale
Brewing soon: Saison
Recently kicked : ( IPA, Bock, Saison,
Pilsner Urquell Master Homebrewer
(1st NYC 2011, 2nd NYC 2012)
P U crowns winners in its inaugural master HB competition

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply