New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > When does Samuel Adams Longshot come out?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
briguy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default When does Samuel Adams Longshot come out?

Did I miss it? Looks like last year was an April release... is that a common timeframe? Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

April sounds about right. I could be wrong though. Have you seen it in your area before? I have a lot of great liquor stores in my area that have, or can get, just about anything. I've asked about the Longshot, and not a single store could get it for me. I find it odd that the closest of these stores got 2 bottles of Utopias, but nothing for Longshot.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 02-26-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
molsonG
Recipes 

what were the winners this release?

Old 02-27-2011, 02:21 AM   #4
molsonG
Recipes 

after more googling, i dont know if i'll be buying the 6pack this year, if i can even find it. A belgian IPA, a black ipa, and a lavender wheat.

Quote:
The 2011 Samuel Adams LongShot American Homebrew Contest - Category 23 Variety 6-Pack will be available nationwide in select retail stores beginning March 2011 for a suggested retail price of $9.99. The variety pack will include two bottles each of Richard Roper’s Friar Hop Ale, Rodney Kibzey’s Blackened Hops, and Caitlin DeClercq’s Honey Bee’s Lavender Wheat.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
godofcheese
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Our local distributors don't even carry it. I have tried requesting it all the way up the food chain with no avail.

I guess the only way I will get a 6 pack is to win the contest. I believe I got an email that it is starting soon.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #6
boostsr20
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonG View Post
after more googling, i dont know if i'll be buying the 6pack this year, if i can even find it. A belgian IPA, a black ipa, and a lavender wheat.
Why? North Peak Brewing in Michigan makes a very very good belgian IPA. Good enough to make me want to brew one. Also, Black IPA's are currently one of my favorite beers. Haven't had lavender in anything yet though.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #7
malc
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

A local place did a lavendar abbey ale that was quite good. That was the only beer in the pack that actually makes me want to go pick it up. I like black ipas, but not a fan of Belgian ipas

Old 03-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
bschoenb
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Just picked up a Six Pack of the 2010 Winners.....

Interesting Belgian Black IPA ? First time for the "style"..... sipping on it right now... not bad; might like it better then the Cascadian IPA "style".....

~ BIAB : All Grain Made Easy ; Mash, Sparge, Boil all in the same Kettle ~ all you need is a bag and a hook!

Old 03-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #9
android
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschoenb View Post
Just picked up a Six Pack of the 2010 Winners.....

Interesting Belgian Black IPA ? First time for the "style"..... sipping on it right now... not bad; might like it better then the Cascadian IPA "style".....
i'm sipping on the same right now. i don't think the black one is belgian though, i think the other hoppy beer in the 6 pack is the belgian one. i like the black IPA. the grapefruity hops are interesting with the black IPA. i think that centenntial by itself would work better, but it's still good. i'm looking forward to the other two in there. i sometimes worry that the homebrewyness of the beers will get lost with a large scale batch, but so far, so good.

ebay temp controller | thermostat temp controller

Old 03-26-2011, 11:39 PM   #10
android
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

i didn't know it had a suggested retail price, i paid normal SA price 7.49/sixer for it locally. i was pretty surprised that our liquor store got it in, we usually miss out on stuff like that.

ebay temp controller | thermostat temp controller

Quick Reply