Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > What trends are next.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #11
inhousebrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 36

There's no way sours become the next big thing because there is no real quick and easy way to make them. It's too much time, too much space dedicated to something that needs to age forever and while there's little risk of infection if you do it right there is still that risk of infecting other batches making brewer's nervous. So, it's not going to happen.

I'm on boarded with session beers and have already started heavily incorporating them into my brewing schedule.

I hate Walder Frey...

JordanThomas Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #12
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhousebrew
There's no way sours become the next big thing because there is no real quick and easy way to make them. It's too much time, too much space dedicated to something that needs to age forever and while there's little risk of infection if you do it right there is still that risk of infecting other batches making brewer's nervous. So, it's not going to happen.

I'm on boarded with session beers and have already started heavily incorporating them into my brewing schedule.
I'm sure someone (BMC) will come up with something mass produced that will be close but not a true sour just to get a piece of that part of the market if popularity rises.. adding the lactic and acidic acids to a clean brewed beer.. the mad fermentationist tried some tests with doing it.. Russian river and jolly pumpkin seem to be doing well with there turn around just to name 2

http://www.themadfermentationist.com...-acid.html?m=1
Father of 4 girls

Suffers from Zymocenosilicaphobia

Old 10-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #13
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

BMC would never touch sours. It's way too far out of their market. They're not stupid. They know that anyone who enjoys sours enough to spend money on them regularly is not going to be a fan of the BMC companies.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #14
bobbrews
Recipes 

Liked 281 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
There's just too many IPAs out there.
Revision: There's just too many mediocre IPAs out there. Not too many breweries are producing liquid gold...
We need more "great" IPAs.

But I will concur with the first poster and say that more Sours will hit the market due to increased demand. They won't satiate the market, but there will be higher demand for them. Also, high alcohol beers, Imperial Stouts, Bourbon Beers, etc. will continue to be on the rise. We're also sure to see more mass-marketing of American-made Blue Moon type beers for the newbs.

Bigger and Bolder seems to be more attractive to the masses for some reason. Session beers are wonderful I think, but I don't think it will ever be trendy to drink 2 or 3% abv milds/bitters.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #15
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt

Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy
BMC would never touch sours. It's way too far out of their market. They're not stupid. They know that anyone who enjoys sours enough to spend money on them regularly is not going to be a fan of the BMC companies.
They can buy a label and you wouldn't even know it was there product.. they don't even have to put there name on the packaging.. seen it in beer wars with the organic beer line from anheuser busch..
Father of 4 girls

Suffers from Zymocenosilicaphobia

Old 10-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #16
JordanThomas
Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrews View Post
Revision: There's just too many mediocre IPAs out there. Not too many breweries are producing liquid gold...
We need more "great" IPAs.

But I will concur with the first poster and say that more Sours will hit the market due to increased demand. They won't satiate the market, but there will be higher demand for them. Also, high alcohol beers, Imperial Stouts, Bourbon Beers, etc. will continue to be on the rise. We're also sure to see more mass-marketing of American-made Blue Moon type beers for the newbs.

Bigger and Bolder seems to be more attractive to the masses for some reason. Session beers are wonderful I think, but I don't think it will ever be trendy to drink 2 or 3% abv milds/bitters.
Yet it is plenty trendy to drink 4-5% PBR or Black Label. Sigh...

Old 10-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #17
inhousebrew
Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanThomas View Post
Yet it is plenty trendy to drink 4-5% PBR or Black Label. Sigh...
PBR works real hard at promoting the trendiness of their crappy beer (which I drink) by sponsoring music events or just advertising as a cool alternative to BMC.

I hate Walder Frey...

Old 11-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #18
BAJones
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

more craft lagers

Quick Reply