New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > What do these beers have in common?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2006, 10:43 PM   #11
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3857 Times on 2818 Posts
Likes Given: 644

I wrote down all those names, and I'll look for them when I go out of the Northwoods. Thanks so much for all the input- I appreciate it.

Wolf- I know you go to the Admirals games, are you going on the 29th? We have our tickets ordered, but didn't get them yet.

Lorena

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2006, 12:49 PM   #12
Wolf

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenae
I wrote down all those names, and I'll look for them when I go out of the Northwoods. Thanks so much for all the input- I appreciate it.

Wolf- I know you go to the Admirals games, are you going on the 29th? We have our tickets ordered, but didn't get them yet.

Lorena
Yup, I will be there on the 29th.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:18 PM   #13
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Lorenae-

Your hubby and I have similar palates. It might be wise to start pushing it to the extremes, to see if he likes them more, or falls off.

Personally, I love sweet dark beers, but not sweet lighter beers. Spaten Optimator is my favorite large commercial brew- it is malty, sweet, and dark, with some nice hops in the finish. Drink it warmer to bring out the flavors. Paulaner Salvatore is also similar and pretty good.

Sweet light beers, to my palate, include sweeter reds and pales. As a general rule, if you can see through it and it's described as malty, then I won't like it. I wish I could give you a few names of beers in this category so your hubby could try them, but all the names have been forever banished from my memory. FWIW, I don't like red ales at all.

Concerning oktoberfest and Maibock beers, I'm sure others know more than I, but Maibock is a very strong beer. Strong beers, with their larger grainbills, tend to be far more complex in taste. Same goes for Oktoberfests.

Quick Reply