I went to Lee's today to get a few beers. I was at one of their smaller stores where the selection is not as great. Well, their selection is much better than it used to be. I was able to get some beers that I haven't seen in Vegas before. And they have a special when you buy single beers. Buy 6 or more and get 10% off. They had several beers with corked bottles that I wanted to get, but I passed. I only drink on the weekends. It's too rough at work when I drink on the week nights. So when I go buy beer, I buy a few to drink on the weekend and a few to age in the "cellar". But I have read about corks drying out if not stored properly, and I don't think I have the right environment for aging corked bottles. They had a few flemish beers I wanted to try. I'll get those next weekend.
Here's what I got:
Left to Right:
- 1x Samuel Smiths Nut Brown Ale (had it several times before)
- 1x Stone XII Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. (good stuff, this one just goes in with the rest that I already have)
- 1x Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA (never tried)
- 1x Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye (never tried)
- 1x Bear Valley Leafer madness IPA (never tried)
- 2x Full Sail 21st Anniversary Doppelbock
- 2x Full Sail 7th Anniversary Barley Wine
- 2x Deschutes Black Butte 20th Anniversary
With the beers that I buy two of I usually drink one and if I like it I age the other and usually buy a couple more.
They had a couple of others that I wanted to try, but I'll get them next week.