Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Well I tried New Belgium's Fat Tire and I am not impressed but...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 12:53 AM   #11
Duckfoot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I do enjoy the 1554... IMO, Fat Tire is meh... Not bad, but not something I am going to put above I haven't tried before...

On deck : DFB Triple Black Death By Chocolate Stout
Primary: Notta...
Secondary: 21 Year Mead...
Kegged : DFB Belgian Pale, DFB Brown, DFB Belgian Dark Strong, DFB Cider...
------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
Non-Alcoholic beer is like going down on your cousin, it might taste the same but it just ain’t right!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #12
malvado78
Recipes 

Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinA View Post
I dont think I have ever been to a bar that didn't have fat tire on tap. While I think its boring and I am not a fan, I cant believe you have just tried it.
Well I am from Upstate NY and I have never seen anything from NB in our area. Happened to be on the West Coast and yep it was about the only interesting thing on tap...

Old 11-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #13
MileHighBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I find Fat Tire to be like skiing...you don't find as many locals participating as you'd imagine!

Its rather bland IMO, but, I do give it a lot of credit for being a gatewat craft beer. I talk to many beer aficianados locally who say they got their start on FT. Generally, I am usually not that impressed by their beers, some are ok. Wasn't a big fan of Ranger either, but like my IPA's to be quite a bit bigger and bolder then Ranger tends to be. I agree on the 1554 not being ver NB in taste.....not bad. Not great, but not bad! Locally I prefer Breck, Ft Collins and Boulder brews. Left Hand is good, too.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #14
edie
Recipes 

if you're a fan of wheat beers i really like NB sunshine wheat. always buy a case or two when traveling.

PRIMARY
nada

SECONDARY
nada

ON TAP
#1 damn near dead guy
#2 lil pils
#3 daisy's dunkel
#4 cream of the crop

ON DECK
-still looking for a rye (an extract with a low hop profile)

Old 11-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #15
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Read the latest issue of BYO. They explain why Ranger isn't "over-the-top". They also give clone recipes for 5 of their constant line-up.

Fat Tire definitely changed, but I will never deny that it was what got me into craft beer. Being in the Army in Colorado during Fat Tire's hey-day was a great time to learn about beer in general.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #16
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Funny you guys have mentioned that fat tire changed. I used to drink it quite alot when I was living in MO 7 years ago. You can't get it here in MI. Last summer my girlfriend bought me some back from Omaha and I wasn't impressed with it like I used to be back in the day. It was OK, but nothing to write home about.

Any idea when they changed the recipe?

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #17
Desert_Sky

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I picked up a keg in Ft. Collins one year while in Denver for the GABF. The beer in that keg was nothing like whats in the bottles. Of course by the time Ive gotten the bottles down here they have sat in some Phoenix warehouse for who knows how long, while the keg was kegged right out of the bright tank

Quick Reply