Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Wedding Beers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
jackers252
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Wedding Beers

I am getting married next Saturday and am looking for advice on some wedding beers. I am going to get a keg of Miller Lite to please the standard folks but I would like to get two 1/4 kegs of craft beer.

The wedding and reception are outdoors, well, the reception is in a really nice barn/pavilion setting so I'll want something refreshing, or not too heavy.

I'm thinking a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and something else. Maybe a Stone IPA or Dogfish head 60 minute.

Advice is welcome.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
CTownBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Depends where you are located...When I got married last year I got a keg of Head Hunter IPA from Fat Head's in Cleveland. Our reception place had to make all the arrangements though due to their liquor license, so everything had to be in by a certain date.

I recommend going to your favorite local brewery & getting your favorite beer. After all, it's your day so who cares what other people want. I refused to settle for crappy beer at mine & I had to have my hops!

Secondary 1
: Port BA American Sour w/Raspberries
Secondary 2: Baltic Porter
Now On Tap: New Zealand IPA, Belgian Dark Strong w/Anise & Cinnamon, Imperial Red Ale
Upcoming Brews: Port BA American Sour w/Cherries, Doppelbock, Belgian Golden Strong, Peanut Butter Imperial Porter

Old 06-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
jackers252
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm supplying my own beer, no special licenses required.

And there aren't any local breweries here in southern Maryland that are worth a damn.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
theonetrueruss
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts

If your betrothed likes beer get her favorite and your favorite. Otherwise pick your 2 favorites and go with them.

Don't worry about what other people like. You already have the BMC crowd covered.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
RustyMusket
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownBrewer View Post
Depends where you are located...When I got married last year I got a keg of Head Hunter IPA from Fat Head's in Cleveland. Our reception place had to make all the arrangements though due to their liquor license, so everything had to be in by a certain date.

I recommend going to your favorite local brewery & getting your favorite beer. After all, it's your day so who cares what other people want. I refused to settle for crappy beer at mine & I had to have my hops!
+1
Yea screw the BMC crowd its your day. I had SNPA for my wedding and some other stuff i think it was Full Sail Pale Ale and a another one. It went over well and the BMC crowd actually indulged in the finer things in life.

Quick Reply