Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Viking Brewing Company

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
batfishdog37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Viking Brewing Company

I have become a fan of a little mom and pop shop brewery in Wisconsin sort of near where I live. Viking Brewing Co. in Dallas Wisconsin is an interesting little place. The Owner/Brewer, Randy Lee is a truly genius level person (no joke this guy is like a nuclear physicist or something like that on top of owning a brewery). His brews are wide in style and I have become a big fan. I am fairly sure that the beer is not available outside of this area of the state but it may be possible to order some. The brewery is in the basement of an extremely old creamery building located stradling a small river/creek. He brews out of old converted dairy equipment, it's a very cool tour to take. Anyway, before I cramp up after writing all this just wanted to say check the website out if you want. CHEERS!!!!

Also any thoughts on New Glarus or any of their beers?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 02:16 AM   #2
IceFisherChris
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I actually went to high school with his son and daughter. I just found out about them a couple weeks ago. I have not tried any of their brews yet though.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:30 AM   #3
uuurang
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Tried there Big Swede at the Festivale thing at High noon saloon. Big, big balls on that sucka! Need to serve that in a brandy sniffer while enjoying slowly in front of a fire.

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
McNasty
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

They have a beer called Hot Chocolate. A chocolate stout with cayenne pepper. Haha, it's interesting that's for sure. I've bought a 4 pack of the Big Swede about a year ago but I haven't tried much else. Though I believe The Old Fashioned has one of their beers on tap. Maybe the copperhead??

On tap - pseudo sue clone

Old 03-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
batfishdog37
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFisherChris View Post
I actually went to high school with his son and daughter. I just found out about them a couple weeks ago. I have not tried any of their brews yet though.

Are you from Menomonie?

Quick Reply