Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Vacation In A Few Weeks - Nevada, Utah & Colorado

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 05:52 AM   #11
FiddleTilDeath
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I will, second, third, and fourth Epic Brewing. Yum and cheap! whooooo

they have a small tasting room and their bombers are delicious and on the low end of pricing spectrum.

Kegerator: Summer, Cider, Saaz Who

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #12
Brewsmith

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts

I guess I can update everybody where I went. In Las Vegas I went over to Tenaya Creek and Had a few of their beers. Pretty good stuff, I think I had an IPA, their Oatmeal Stout and a small tasting of the Barleywine.

Went to Moab Brewing and had the Pale Ale and their Stout. Again good beer and great food. A big thumbs up for excellent beer at 4%.

We hit several places in Colorado, first we stopped by Oskar Blues. Their beers are great and the barbeque rocks. Next we went down the street to Left Hand. My wife and I split two samplers so we tried eight of their beers. I was able to side-by-side the IPA regular and on cask. The biggest kudos to them for the 2.5% Mild. Excellent beer. Later that day we made it up to Ft. Collins and went to Funkwerks. Awesome beers, and great use of brett. Had the Saison, the Bastogne and the Tropic King imperial saison.

Avery Brewing in Boulder is just all around awesome. All the beers are excellent, and the food is great from the catering place next door. I had a Bahn Mi sandwich, yum. The staff there is great. My server was awesome all day long, and the guy on the tour let me take up his time with all kinds of beer-geek questions.

We had dinner at Wynkoop, again good beer and excellent food.

We made it to the other end of the state and went to Durango Brewing. A cool little place that was definitely a local hangout, and we got there on $2 pint tuesday. I wanted to hit Ska Brewing but couldn't fit it in.

In Arizona we went to The Lumberyard in Flagstaff. Fantastic food and equally good beer. The Black IPA was excellent and the chicken wings are amazing. Crispy and awesome sauces.

The last place on the trip before getting back to LA was Prescott Brewing. There was something wrong with the Red ale, but the IPA was good. The food there was pretty good.

In all, most breweries have excellent food, and I was impressed at the quality of the beer. Need to plan a trip so I can hit the other 100 places I missed.

Fermenting:#160 Apollo/Calypso Pale Ale
Kegged:#153 Old Helicon Barleywine 2013, #157 Irish Red, #158 Mosaic IPA, #159 Bravo/Delta ESB
Up Next:Brown Porter, American Stout, Imperial Stout
My Recipes
Tuba Sonata

Smith & Co. Custom Tap Handles

Old 08-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #13
Pilotpip
Recipes 

Heading east on 70 make a stop in Dillon and have a meal at The Dillion Dam Brewery. One of only a few places I've found that does food and beer well. Great burgers.

Warm beer is infinitely colder than no beer at all.

Quick Reply