Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Twilight Ale - Deschutes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2006, 11:37 PM   #1
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

Default Twilight Ale - Deschutes

This is a seasonal. It's hoppier than a Blonde, less so than an APA. A little more malt than a Pale. Very clean finish, it would probably be great with a well-smoked london broil. At 5% ABV, it's good for drinking during the two hour sunsets we get this time of year.

Deschutes makes great ales and all of the employees I've met are great people. Bend is on the tour list for the fall. Since Bend Brewing is there as well, this will be an extended trip.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 11:29 PM   #2
Klainmeister
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I just had my first Twilight last night (Must celebrate our Independence with brews right?) and i have to say i was impressed. The flavor was commendable even while i was eating some spicey wieners. I just went up to Full Sail also and got some Rip Curl and i would advise trying some of this if you like Brit Ales. Man i love Oregon.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply