So I just brewed my first beer in the beggining of February. My first beer was an attempt to brew a beer like Trumer. I aquired all the equipment to brew all-grain from the start. Here is the recipe I used and each time i taste it, I believe I got pretty darn close.
I had the Carboy in the garage for a solid 12 days with a constant 50 degree temperature, moved it inside the house for the last 48 hours for a diacital rest. The yeast I used was the Fermentis Saflager S-23, the final gravity was 1.010. Racked it to a 5 gal. keg to lager for a month. The beer is in the 3rd week of lagering and the only flaw I can find is chill haze. Next time I brew this I will try a step mash starting with an acid rest. It is also possible I did not use enough Irish Moss, the same mash with say a teaspoon of Irish Moss may make a difference.
I know it's an old post but someone else may be looking.
HOME BREW RECIPE:
Title: Trummer Pils Clone
Author: Roy Smith
Brew Method: All Grain
Style Name: German Pilsner (Pils)
Boil Time: 60 min
Batch Size: 5.5 gallons
Boil Size: 7 gallons
Original Gravity: 1.048 Actual OG: 1.046
Final Gravity: 1.013 Actual FG: 1.010
ABV (standard): 4.55%
IBU (tinseth): 26.82
SRM (morey): 3.08
9.5 lb - Pilsner (95%)
0.5 lb - Carapils (5%)
0.5 oz - Saaz (AA 3.5) for 60 min, Type: Pellet, Use: Boil
0.5 oz - Saaz (AA 3.5) for 40 min, Type: Pellet, Use: Boil
0.5 oz - Saaz (AA 3.5) for 30 min, Type: Pellet, Use: Boil
0.5 oz - Saaz (AA 3.5) for 20 min, Type: Pellet, Use: Boil
1 oz - Saaz (AA 3.5) for 10 min, Type: Pellet, Use: Boil
1) Infusion, Temp: 152 F, Time: 60 min, Amount: 1.25 qt, Single Infusion
2) Sparge, Temp: 180 F, Time: 20 min, Amount: 2.7 qt, Batch Sparge
0.5 tsp - Irish Moss, Time: 15 min, Type: Fining, Use: Boil (increase to 1 tsp.)
1 each - Immersion Chiller, Time: 15 min, Type: Other, Use: Boil
Fermentis / Safale - Saflager - German Lager Yeast S-23
Attenuation (avg): 72%
Optimum Temperature: 48 F - 59 F
Edit: the Trumer web site does indeed say the grains are separated from the husks, I skipped that and mashed with the husks. Also the website says "highly carbonated" so I carbonated at 3.2 volums of carbonation.