Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > tried a few new beers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
theonetrueruss
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 24 Posts

Default tried a few new beers

Ok.. just trying a few beers today:

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot..... drinking it right now and I must say it is delicious. Not too hot alcohol... very malty... not too sweet.. Very good barley wine. I'd have another tonight but after the other beers and at 11%.. maybe not Planning to age some and enjoy next year. I suspect it will develop nicely.

Bells Amber... keep hearing how Bells is good.. finally tried some of their Amber and it was extremely well balanced and good. Add to regular commercial beer list. Makes me want to make a true balanced amber. (on the list now)

Sam Adams Longshot Category 23..

Black Hop: good... need to have another to give a full opinion but definitely a homebrew taste. Maybe a little muddled but good. Worth a try.

Lavender Ale: better than I thought it would be.. a little odd... not bad though... more beer flavor than I thought it would have

Friar Hop Ale: good.. but I would prefer less hop in my trappist style ales... maybe that's just me... I did enjoy them though. I would drink them again. I recommend giving it a try.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 01:44 AM   #2
Oldyote
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Love the Bigfoot - one of my favorite beers.

Not big on the Amber but thats probably just me. I'm a big fan of Bells Two Hearted.

Tried the Category 23s last weekend. I actually think the Lavender was my favorite.

going 90 I ain't scary cuz I got the virgin mary assuring me that I won't go to hell

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply