New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > treat from the stock room

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 08:28 AM   #1
Thor the Mighty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default treat from the stock room

So i was digging around the beer cage today, just organizing, tossing boxes, spoiling out crappy beer from ages past, and i came upon TWO firestone walker 11th anniversary ales that were hiding behind some cases. no kidding i bought them, but i have no idea how they had been stored there? so cool. so i got them at like 16 bucks a bottle, but i know that the 10th anniversary is selling for monster cash these days. anyone know whats up with the numbers on these guys? anywas, this is what it looks like:

thats sexy. they even come with an 8 1/2 x 11 paper inside listing front to back the history of firestone brew company and such. haha. awesome.

ALSO:

i got to go down to stone brewery for the vertical epic release on 080808 and got 4 bottles of vert, and a 2 liter growler full of the stuff. probably one of the sexiest beers ive ever tried guys. if you can get your mits on this stuff go ahead and do it. my store sold three cases of it in a matter of hours on 888. i intend to brew this recipe, as every release is given on stone's website.

and just for good measure, a few good beer bottles lying around.

You finally made it home! Draped in the flag that you fell for. And so it goes, the ashes of the wake!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
McKBrew

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Nothing wrong with finding good beer in strange places!!

Old 08-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
carnevoodoo
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I would just drink that Firestone 11. Really, I've not had many better barrel aged beers in my life. That one is top notch. Drink one now, and save the other one for a special rainy day.

I am not a fan of selling or buying beer that is marked up and I think the market has gotten a bit ridiculous, but I'll hold my opinion to that on this one. Otherwise I'll end up saying something not very nice.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
RC0032
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 11

That Trappistes Rochefort is one of my favorites (I also like the 8) right after Westmalle

Old 08-13-2008, 05:22 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2660 Times on 1605 Posts
Likes Given: 3451

I love Piraat Ale, it's now on my 10 ten list of faves...The Augustjin ain't bad either...

I reviewed them here;

Augustjin; http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=772416&postcount=10

Piraat; http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=773483&postcount=11

I'm trying to find a good clone for the Piraat...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
Thor the Mighty
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnevoodoo View Post
I would just drink that Firestone 11. Really, I've not had many better barrel aged beers in my life. That one is top notch. Drink one now, and save the other one for a special rainy day.

I am not a fan of selling or buying beer that is marked up and I think the market has gotten a bit ridiculous, but I'll hold my opinion to that on this one. Otherwise I'll end up saying something not very nice.
you wouldnt hold onto both of them in the name of getting a few hundred bucks a year down the road?

You finally made it home! Draped in the flag that you fell for. And so it goes, the ashes of the wake!

Old 08-13-2008, 07:08 PM   #7
carnevoodoo
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor the Mighty View Post
you wouldnt hold onto both of them in the name of getting a few hundred bucks a year down the road?
Nope. I have a bottle in my fridge at home I could get 300 for and several that sell for 150 or more in my closet. They will all be drank by me. I am a beer lover, and a couple hundred bucks really isn't all that much money.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:12 PM   #8
eschatz

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I love Piraat Ale

+1 on that! I think all of those beers would be great. I've never seen Piraat in a bottle that big though. I only can find the 11.5 european bottles.

What's tappening? :D

Old 08-13-2008, 07:13 PM   #9
carnevoodoo
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschatz View Post

+1 on that! I think all of those beers would be great. I've never seen Piraat in a bottle that big though. I only can find the 11.5 european bottles.
I see the 11 ounce bottles of Piraat most often too, but there's a store that has them right down the street. I like the smaller bottles better though because they fit well into a single glass.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:44 PM   #10
Thor the Mighty
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

ive got a ton of 750's at my store if you want some! haha.

Quick Reply