Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Brew Discussion (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/)
-   -   treat from the stock room (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f5/treat-stock-room-76133/)

Thor the Mighty 08-13-2008 08:28 AM

treat from the stock room
 
So i was digging around the beer cage today, just organizing, tossing boxes, spoiling out crappy beer from ages past, and i came upon TWO firestone walker 11th anniversary ales that were hiding behind some cases. no kidding i bought them, but i have no idea how they had been stored there? so cool. so i got them at like 16 bucks a bottle, but i know that the 10th anniversary is selling for monster cash these days. anyone know whats up with the numbers on these guys? anywas, this is what it looks like:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...ghty/rare2.jpg

thats sexy. they even come with an 8 1/2 x 11 paper inside listing front to back the history of firestone brew company and such. haha. awesome.

ALSO:

i got to go down to stone brewery for the vertical epic release on 080808 and got 4 bottles of vert, and a 2 liter growler full of the stuff. probably one of the sexiest beers ive ever tried guys. if you can get your mits on this stuff go ahead and do it. my store sold three cases of it in a matter of hours on 888. i intend to brew this recipe, as every release is given on stone's website.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...ighty/rare.jpg

and just for good measure, a few good beer bottles lying around.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...in2small-1.jpg

McKBrew 08-13-2008 03:07 PM

Nothing wrong with finding good beer in strange places!!

carnevoodoo 08-13-2008 04:56 PM

I would just drink that Firestone 11. Really, I've not had many better barrel aged beers in my life. That one is top notch. Drink one now, and save the other one for a special rainy day.

I am not a fan of selling or buying beer that is marked up and I think the market has gotten a bit ridiculous, but I'll hold my opinion to that on this one. Otherwise I'll end up saying something not very nice.

RC0032 08-13-2008 05:13 PM

That Trappistes Rochefort is one of my favorites (I also like the 8) right after Westmalle

Revvy 08-13-2008 05:22 PM

I love Piraat Ale, it's now on my 10 ten list of faves...The Augustjin ain't bad either...

I reviewed them here;

Augustjin; http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost...6&postcount=10

Piraat; http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost...3&postcount=11

I'm trying to find a good clone for the Piraat...

Thor the Mighty 08-13-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnevoodoo (Post 799268)
I would just drink that Firestone 11. Really, I've not had many better barrel aged beers in my life. That one is top notch. Drink one now, and save the other one for a special rainy day.

I am not a fan of selling or buying beer that is marked up and I think the market has gotten a bit ridiculous, but I'll hold my opinion to that on this one. Otherwise I'll end up saying something not very nice.

you wouldnt hold onto both of them in the name of getting a few hundred bucks a year down the road?

carnevoodoo 08-13-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thor the Mighty (Post 799510)
you wouldnt hold onto both of them in the name of getting a few hundred bucks a year down the road?

Nope. I have a bottle in my fridge at home I could get 300 for and several that sell for 150 or more in my closet. They will all be drank by me. I am a beer lover, and a couple hundred bucks really isn't all that much money.

eschatz 08-13-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revvy (Post 799315)
I love Piraat Ale

:rockin:
+1 on that! I think all of those beers would be great. I've never seen Piraat in a bottle that big though. I only can find the 11.5 european bottles. :mug:

carnevoodoo 08-13-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eschatz (Post 799530)
:rockin:
+1 on that! I think all of those beers would be great. I've never seen Piraat in a bottle that big though. I only can find the 11.5 european bottles. :mug:

I see the 11 ounce bottles of Piraat most often too, but there's a store that has them right down the street. I like the smaller bottles better though because they fit well into a single glass.

Thor the Mighty 08-13-2008 08:44 PM

ive got a ton of 750's at my store if you want some! haha.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.