Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Trader Joe's Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2006, 01:02 AM   #1
Brewsmith
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts

Default Trader Joe's Beer

For those who live in an area where you have a Trader Joe's store, has any one tried their own brand of beer? They have several varieties including Bohemian Lager, Vienna Lager, Hofbrau Bock, Bavarian Hefeweizen, and they even had a Winter Doppelbock. The prices are great, $4.99 a six-pack, and the quality is actually pretty good. I'm suspecting that the beer is actually brewed under contract with Gordon Beirsch, because 1. the logos are similar, with the "GB" or "TJ" and the barley graphic, and 2. both Gordon Beirsch and the TJ's are brewed in San Jose, CA. Does anyone else know anything about this?

Fermenting:#160 Apollo/Calypso Pale Ale
Kegged:#153 Old Helicon Barleywine 2013, #157 Irish Red, #158 Mosaic IPA, #159 Bravo/Delta ESB
Up Next:Brown Porter, American Stout, Imperial Stout
My Recipes
Tuba Sonata

Smith & Co. Custom Tap Handles

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2006, 01:47 AM   #2
vtfan99
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Dont have any info on who the contract bewery is, but I just discovered this stuff last week. I have to say the beer is great....ok...at least very good, but the price makes it great. I don't remember the last time I picked up a six pack of quality beer for less than 6 bucks (in my area its about 5.29 or 5.49 a sixer). I've tried the Bohemian lager and the Oatmeal stout and both are really good. I will be stopping by there again real soon. Im hoping that their wine is just a tasty as its only 3.29 per bottle regardless of the variety!! Outstanding prices for a quality product.....Im totally hooked!

Old 04-03-2006, 01:55 AM   #3
Glibbidy

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The beer allegedly is the real deal, but I articles I have read suggest it is contract brewed by local breweries. Distribution is a regional thing. Depending on the laws within your state, Trader Joes may or may not be permitted so sell beer.

Quick Reply