Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > A Tale of 5 Pale Ales

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2010, 04:09 AM   #1
Apendecto
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default A Tale of 5 Pale Ales

Me and the old lady bought 5 singles of pales from our local grocery store. They were...

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Stone Pale Ale
Founders Dry Hopped Pale Ale
Bells Pale Ale
Flying Dog Pale Ale

We blind tasted each of them, ranked them and tried to guess at which was which. With out telling each other which we liked most, both of our rankings came in exactly the same. This is odd because both of us like different brews. We were off in guessing which beer was which but overall did pretty well.

Bells was the crappiest. Smelled like toilet water. Tasted similar.
Sierra Nevada won best tasting. One thing I wrote down when I was blind tasting them was, "...this is what a pale ale should taste like."

It's interesting what you find when you "take the labels off" and go on what you taste. It's also refreshing to find beer you liked before still tasting really good.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
jiggs_casey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apendecto View Post
It's interesting what you find when you "take the labels off" and go on what you taste. It's also refreshing to find beer you liked before still tasting really good.

hehehe, did this a couple of years ago with BMC's. It was pretty eye opening. I have heard people say you can't tell the difference between most of the american light lagers, (BMC beers). Well, it turned out to be true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigeb View Post
It's my God-given right to be as stupid as I want to be. How dare the government get in the way.
Go Beer!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply