Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Sticker shock: $56 six pack!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2007, 08:55 PM   #21
gonzoflick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Another reason for the high cost of 120 is that they only brew it 3 times a year..therefore tightly controlling supply. I heard the last time they brewed it they made 800 cases...for the entire US/World and our distributor said FL got 50 of them. So thats pretty good.

On tap: NOTHING

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2007, 05:03 PM   #22
CBBaron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
Not everyday stuff, but I don't think it was ever intended for such. At the end of the day, in terms of exorbitant prices, the beer world still has the wine world whipped by a long shot. You can still get a bottle of the best beer in the world for under $10, which is not that much more than "normal" beer. Try that in the wine world. See how much a bottle of Petrus or DRC Romanee Conti costs you. Go beer!
One difference between the beer and wine world is one of the big differences between good wine and top wines is the grapes that were used. The process is not that different. In the beer world the ingredients are readily available to any brewer the differences are the recipe and process. So the only reason for shortages are mostly artificial. With wines the short supplys are due to limited availability of ingredients. Kind of the reason gold costs so much more than silver or stainless steel. The gold has a much shorter supply.

Still I agree that you can buy some very excellent beers for less than the price of an average bottle of wine. Definitely a better value proposition.

Craig

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply