Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Souther Tier = Poor customer service.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #11
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 41

If you're going to get a group together for a tour, I would make sure that the place takes reservations. If they don't, then I'd go somewhere else. Which is exactly what our brew club does: If we can reserve a tour four our club, then we'll go, if not, then we won't.

Yes, your case was disappointing, but it was a cr*pshoot.

MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
tchamber
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
You should try to get in on Surly Brewery tour!

You have to sign up online, 3 weeks before. They may or may not open registration at 8 AM. It may not be until 5 PM. But when they do, it instantly fills up. Some people have been trying for years! They will not take groups, or let you sign up for more than 4 people. And they specifically tell you NOT to show up unless you have actually got your name in, and NOT to call them. No matter what. (They aren't even nice about it! )
So Surly by name, surly by nature

Old 09-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
broadbill
Recipes 

Liked 312 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
You should try to get in on Surly Brewery tour!
Or a dogfish head tour...we were two hours early and barely managed the waiting list. Nothing opened up, so we only did a tasting. There were hardly any openings at the bar for the tasting, and we had to hide our 3 1/2 year son below it before they would even consider serving us!

Craft beer is very popular; gone are the days of dropping into a brewery on a lark, getting shown around by the brewmaster before having unlimited samples at the tasting bar.

It ain't the late 90s anymore...

Old 09-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #14
BargainMugs
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I've had only great experiences with Southern Tier.

Harpoon was probably my best brewery experience and Allagash was probably the worst, but to be fair they were under construction.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
dannypo
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 26 Posts

Wow. Talk about whining. If they sold out before you got there that is not their fault. Its yours. They even recommended you show up early. Can they predict how many will show up on any given day? No. The level of imagined entitlement in this post is crazy.

If you want to not like Southern Tier do it for making crappy beer. Not because you didn't arrive early enough.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #16
Fordiesel69
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannypo View Post
Wow. Talk about whining. If they sold out before you got there that is not their fault. Its yours. They even recommended you show up early. Can they predict how many will show up on any given day? No. The level of imagined entitlement in this post is crazy.

If you want to not like Southern Tier do it for making crappy beer. Not because you didn't arrive early enough.
Bartender on phone, "We recommend an hour early just to be safe, sometimes they can sell out" To me this does not sound too serious. After all we were there an hour and a half early.

A local couple, "This is our fourth try and we finally got in". They showed up at noon and made the 5pm tour.

Another couple, "We missed the first time, and got in this time." Not sure when or what tour they got. I didn't ask any further.

Another bartender, "we sold out about 3 hours ago."

Ok, unless I am missing somthing, telling your customers to show up an hour early is misleading. With gas prices as they are, I would have been ok to show up 3 hours early if they would have stated such or came another time when we all could have come earlier. That is why I called them BEFORE even making the plans to go.

Telling customers an hour when in all reality it takes 3 is misleading and an attempt to just keep customers flowing in to the bar.

I am not a die hard tour person, but some people I know take 4-5 hour drives to go wine tasting, and have never had an issue. By calling first, getting the info, making the plans, being recommended to show up an hour early, and then showing up even a tad earlier is what bothers me.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:17 AM   #17
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2663 Times on 2074 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Now you know. Next time show up earlier if you want to do it, or even consider that overly hyped experiences/products are rarely if ever worth the added costs of time and energy involved. For example, by the time I stood in line for 6 hours waiting for Pliny the Younger earlier this year, I didn't even feel like a beer anymore. I just wanted to try the crap and then get as far away from the noisy ukelele playing 20-somethings as I could so I could start thinking about how to pay my stack of parking tickets.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #18
m_stodd
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 38 Posts

Nobody thought to call to check the status when you were leaving, or call when you were half way there?

It isn't just selling out, if the brewery caught fire, or exploded or whatever, a simple phone call can save a wasted trip.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #19
DPBISME
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Come to my house... It is only a 10 gallon system but the beer is good! HA....

Old 09-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #20
Lumpy16
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I think it's dumb for you to change your opinion on a brewery based on one person making a simple mistake. The world doesn't revolve around you, reeeeelax

Quick Reply