Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > So I just had my 1st schlitz

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 12:31 AM   #21
uwmgdman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Has anyone in the Chicago, Milwaukee or Minnesota market tried the Schlitz in a bottle (the 1960's formula) and not the cans (the current formula)? I can't get it here in Madison as of now. I'm curious if it's any good. I think it's an interesting idea returning to an old recipe if the old recipe made a good, easy drinking, yet flavorful beer.

Drinking: 2013 Maker's Mark Bourbon Barrel Stout, Palate Assaulted Again Black IPA and Kaiser Alt Zwei

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2008, 06:05 AM   #22
sause
Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have and I have to say I was wrong. It doesn't taste the same. It is drier with a little more bitterness. I would not classify it as an American Lager any more probably a pre-prohibition pilsner. But I actually prefer the stuff in the cans. The bitterness just doesn't have anything to back it up. There is very little to no malt character.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply