Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > SNPA in pop tops now!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 03:45 PM   #11
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98EXL
Told you everything would be ok!
....and I found I'm going to Orlando with her to watch her play tennis in November.
Glad to hear everything will be ok. So now that the shiz storm has passed..

Did you say she wears one of those tennis skirts when she plays tennis? Or does she wear a regular skirt? Maybe go panty-less?

Whatever she's wearing, you're taking pictures, right?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2007, 03:52 PM   #12
98EXL

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

she wears cute skirts...but they have the shorts underneath....but I won't be sitting behind her for those great shots like this:

I'm back!!!

Old 08-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #13
Orpheus

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

If you were going to buy some commercial beer and had a choice between SNPA which is twist off, or another similar beer that had pry off tops, which would you, as a homebrewer, buy?

Even though I don't bottle, the fact that I might like to use the beer gun to bottle a few would weigh into my purchasing decision, and I'd likely buy the beer with the pry off tops, just in case.

I really wonder if many microbreweries are returning to pry off to get the business of homebrewers!?

Old 08-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #14
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
If you were going to buy some commercial beer and had a choice between SNPA which is twist off, or another similar beer that had pry off tops, which would you, as a homebrewer, buy?

Even though I don't bottle, the fact that I might like to use the beer gun to bottle a few would weigh into my purchasing decision, and I'd likely buy the beer with the pry off tops, just in case.

I really wonder if many microbreweries are returning to pry off to get the business of homebrewers!?
Oye, my rotating stock of empties hovers around 6 cases. I stopped stressing about bottles long, long ago. I used to collect 'em like it was goddamned job, but now, if I bring my brew out to a friend's house or something, the only ones I'll bother to bring back are large format bottles....if it's a 12oz'er, bah, recycle it.

Somehow I doubt that micros are basing their decisions on the relatively small class of homebrewers, though. It's probably got more to do with the cost of bottling.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 08-09-2007, 04:36 PM   #15
98EXL

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
I have been leaning towards pop tops since I started brewing for that reason alone.

I'm back!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 05:14 PM   #16
CBBaron

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
Oye, my rotating stock of empties hovers around 6 cases. I stopped stressing about bottles long, long ago. I used to collect 'em like it was goddamned job, but now, if I bring my brew out to a friend's house or something, the only ones I'll bother to bring back are large format bottles....if it's a 12oz'er, bah, recycle it.

Somehow I doubt that micros are basing their decisions on the relatively small class of homebrewers, though. It's probably got more to do with the cost of bottling.
I'm guessing its more about image. Pop top are seen more as distancing themselves from the twist top BMC beers. After all micro brews come in pop top bottles, right? Same reason that winerys continue to use corks instead of screw tops despite the fact that there appears to be no difference in taste (with the possible exception of high end wines aged for years).
However when I do buy commercial beers, I will usually make sure they are brown pop top bottles, unless there is a good reason not to.

Craig

Quick Reply