Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Six Points Brown Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2008, 12:35 AM   #1
Champurrado
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Six Points Brown Ale

Talk about inspiring beer, this is way way up there on the I-hope-one-day-to-make-beer-this-good scale.

At dinner this evening I was surprised to learn my local dive had acquired a new beer on tap - one Brooklyn, NY, Six Points Brewery Brown Ale.

Not only did this wonderful pint offer refreshing notes of lovely clean hops but it was carbonated just right, had healthy brave malty undertones and a great aftertaste. Perfect with my Burger and excellent with the Misses' Salmon.

I can't get over this young brewery's fast accomplishment. I understand they do not yet have a bottler and as of this date, only offer the beer on tap at local restaurants and bars in Brooklyn and at one beer distributor on 5th Avenue in Park Slope.

Watch out for these guys. Their brewing skills are far beyond what any other commercial operation is doing, in my opinion and I only pray they can maintain the quality as they grow, get famous and take over the world.

I'm head over heels enrolled in their work and will be searching for six points offerings from now on.

Really, no kidding, this is a magnificent example of the craft.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 02:35 AM   #2
carnevoodoo
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've heard great things. This is one I'd love to try.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #3
Champurrado
Recipes 

Mr. Carnevoodoo:

Believe it. Should you ever find yourself in Brooklyn, by all means look them up. They produce out of Red Hook and seem to have quite a story. I'm grateful they let their beer do most of the talking so far!

Old 01-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
goopy
Recipes 

Default Six Points Brown Ale - DAMN GOOD

This is a fantastic brew. It is now my favorite beer, and as the weather gets colder I look for it more often. It is a brown ale but has a surprisingly zesty hint of bubbles. So instead of making you thirsty, like a lot of brown ales, it leaves your tongue feeling complete. It goes well with pub food but also merits a casual sip with a book. So far I have found it at Union Hall (Park Slope), The Bell House (Gowanus), Half King (Chelsea), and Barn (Prospect Heights). They also did a very hoppy Hop Obama. I'm not a fan of hops, though. The ale is where it's at!

Quick Reply