Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Silver City Brewing - Kellerbier

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2008, 02:00 AM   #1
Brewtopia
"Greenwood Aged Beer"
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

Default Silver City Brewing - Kellerbier

Silver City Brewing has made a Kellerbier that they will be rolling out at a private event at the brewery later this month. I just got a call from the brewer with an invite.

They will be serving the bier in earthenware steins. should be a fun night. I don't believe I've ever had the style.

Here's a brief description of the style from Beer Advocate

Quote:
A rather old, rare, and unique German beer style, Kellerbiers are unfiltered and unpasteurized lagers that date back to at least the Middle Ages. The beer is matured, unbunged (beer is exposed), in deep vaults. The final product is a smooth, naturally cloudy beer that's rich in vitamins (from the yeast). Hop bitterness can be high and alcohol will vary. Zwickel Bier is similar to a Keller, but not as pronounced.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2008, 02:20 AM   #2
McKBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Lucky you, I need to start going more often and get invited to things like this.

Make Beer, Not War.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply