Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Samuel Adams Noble Pils

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
cblake33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Samuel Adams Noble Pils

Just wondering if anyone has tried this yet? Bringing it in to my bar tomorrow in bottles.

http://www.samueladams.com/Promotion...2009/home.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #2
cyberbackpacker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I tried it here in early Fall at a tasting/voting... they had this and an IPA. The IPA was solid, but it would have just blended in with the plethora of other "good" but indistinguishable IPA's IMO.

I voted for the Pils... crisp, clean, meets classic Pilsner bittering, but very balanced at the same time. It was a very satisfying beer.

There are not many commercial Pilsner's on the market nationwide, and it will be a welcome to have this, as it was very solid and exemplary of a good Pilsner.

Those are my thoughts, a few months removed, and from two 4 oz samples!

-Kevin
cyberbackpacker

Trinke Das Bier Das Du Gebraut Hast

Old 01-13-2010, 03:26 AM   #3
vcm1613
Recipes 

I have picked up 2 sixers of this in the last week. I simply love this beer. The hop aroma that springs from the bottle when you open it and the crispness of it in the glass are just fantastic. Very floral citrusy hop notes, not bitter and give such a great aftertaste. If your an IPA style hop-head you can still appreciate this beer. Although to be fair this is no were near as bitter or spicy as IPAs can be. Very drinkable! Love it!

-J

Anyone have any info/ideas on possibly cloning this?

Old 01-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
fezzman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I saw this last night at the grocery store and thought about picking it up. I went in with the mindset of getting an IPA. All they had was Harpoon IPA so I picked it up. Yeah, soo should have gotten the SA instead. They must not sell much of the Harpoon because the stuff was old, yo. I should probably take it back.

I'll pick up a sixxer of the SA next time through.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
chelero
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

anyone seen this?

New series of barrel-aged beers to be released soon

The Boston Beer Co. is rolling out a new series of beers, the Samuel Adams Barrel Room Collection, that will be available in a limited number of markets but also at its Boston brewery — the first time the brewery has sold beer at its door.

The Barrel Room Collection includes New World Tripel (10% abv), American Kriek (Balaton cherries, 7%) and Stony Brook Red (9%), all aged in Eastern European oak barrels, originally used to age brandy in Italy and imparting subtle sweet, toasty notes.

“For years, we’ve been playing with barrels at the brewery, aging small batches of beer in our Barrel Room. Before now, these beers have only been available at beer festivals or to a few lucky visitors to our Boston Brewery,” founder Jim Koch said for a press release.

The beers will be available in Denver, Massachusetts, Maine and New Hampshire for a suggested retail price of $9.99 per 750ml bottle.
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #6
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4822 Times on 4426 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Haven't seen the Noble Pils. Matter of fact, it's been a while since I had seem the Hall Imp Pils too.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelero View Post
anyone seen this?

New series of barrel-aged beers to be released soon

The Boston Beer Co. is rolling out a new series of beers, the Samuel Adams Barrel Room Collection, that will be available in a limited number of markets but also at its Boston brewery — the first time the brewery has sold beer at its door.

The Barrel Room Collection includes New World Tripel (10% abv), American Kriek (Balaton cherries, 7%) and Stony Brook Red (9%), all aged in Eastern European oak barrels, originally used to age brandy in Italy and imparting subtle sweet, toasty notes.

“For years, we’ve been playing with barrels at the brewery, aging small batches of beer in our Barrel Room. Before now, these beers have only been available at beer festivals or to a few lucky visitors to our Boston Brewery,” founder Jim Koch said for a press release.

The beers will be available in Denver, Massachusetts, Maine and New Hampshire for a suggested retail price of $9.99 per 750ml bottle.
Attached Images

Have the American Kriek still in the fridge, but I drank the Stony Brook Red already. Really good IMO for the price. I'd definitely pick up another one.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
Budzu
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

I want to have Noble Pils babies. I love it so much.. I'm a man btw and I'll just deal with it.

Here's my thread on it if anyone wants to help me try to clone it.
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/sa-noble-pils-154427/

Old 01-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2251 Times on 1608 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Went to a Beer festival in GR on Sat and got to try the Nobel Pils. I thought it was pretty good. My sense of taste may have been skewed a bit by all of the other beer I was drinking, but I thought it was maybe the best PILS I've ever had. Nicely balanced and not too heavy. Lots of hop character.

I will be looking to get a 6-pack when I can find it locally.

Homer's Brew Log

Old 01-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #10
HOOTER
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Just bought a sixer of this tonight. I'd crack one open now if I didn't have to take my boy to basketball practice. Guess I'll just have to wait a few hours. I've been in a real pils mood lately so the timing is perfect.

Edit: Just finished my first one and I'm not overly impressed. It's a pils, no doubt, but not anything I haven't had before. It's crisp and refreshing with floral, herbal hop notes balanced with a bready malt character if I had to describe it, but nothing that blows me away. This probably would have been my favorite beer 10 years ago but I guess I've become very picky in my old age.

On tap: Hefeweizen, Centennial Blonde
Up next: Quality Beverages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Shorts Would Make Boners Obvious

Quick Reply