Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > SA Belgian Style iPA and American Style Rye Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2010, 05:38 AM   #1
johnmcc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default SA Belgian Style iPA and American Style Rye Ale

After work me and a co-worker of mine went to Cheeseburger In Paradise for a burger and a beer. After the waitress took our order, she told us Sam Adams was having a tasting and if we're interested she'll send the girl over after we're finished.

She came over with 4 samples, 2 Belgian style IPA and 2 American Rye Ale. we each had 2 samples of each, we needed to be sure which we liked best, meanwhile I asked if she had any free Sam Adams pint glasses, told her I am a homebrewer and I use SA bottles for bottling. she said no but she she said she can give me a T-shirt intead. she came back and said, "I totally hooked you up" She gave me a SA T-Shirt, baseball hat, and 2 sample bottles.

We both liked the Belgian IPA better, but the American Rye was decent, admittedly it was the first Rye Ale either one of us ever tasted.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
godofcheese
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Any tasting notes on either?

What kind of hops did they use on the IPA?

Old 08-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
BogusOwnz
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sam Adams is starting to get their **** together as of lately.

Quick Reply