The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > ruination?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2009, 12:27 AM   #21
NHRACER
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hop View Post
We have several Kappys Liquors here in the north shore area. I know for a fact that they carry Stone Ruination IPA. I just picked some up last night. I personally love this beer, but it is quite expensive. They are getting somewhere around $17 a 6 pack. I think I will try the Ballast Point IPA too. If they are close to a Ruination at a cheaper price... even better.
Just bought a sixer today. 14 bucks in NH. Not a bad brew. Don't really think it is worth the high price.

Also I-Hop, your "Frank the Tank" quote intrigues me. Seems some time ago on a racing web board here in New England, there was a poster with that screen name. If I remember correctly, he was quite humorous.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 02:12 AM   #22
I-Hop
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRACER View Post
Also I-Hop, your "Frank the Tank" quote intrigues me. Seems some time ago on a racing web board here in New England, there was a poster with that screen name. If I remember correctly, he was quite humorous.
Frank the Tank was Will Ferrell"s character in the movie "Old School." It was about a group of older guys that start a fraternity so they can rent a house that is on a college property. It was sort of along the lines of Animal House. Great movie and in my eyes, Will Ferrell's best. If you haven't seen it... rent it.

Once it hits your lips, it's so good! -Frank the Tank

Old 03-16-2009, 03:54 AM   #23
Freezeblade
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 13 Posts

Ballast Point is my LHBS! the IPA is good, but I like their porter the most I think.

Aging:Public House Dry Stout, Procrastination Porter, Mr. Brown Ale, Westvleteren 12 Clone, Mead, Duvel Clone, Graham's English Cider 6-21, Belgian Draak Strong Ale, Fig Melomel, Acerglyn, Restorative Tonic Metheglyn

Old 03-16-2009, 04:45 AM   #24
GregR
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezeblade View Post
Ballast Point is my LHBS! the IPA is good, but I like their porter the most I think.
you pretty much can't go wrong with Ballast Point. Their porter is outstanding and so is their IPA. I really love it when Dorado double IPA and Sculpin come out. those are some great beers.

Edit: I love to take a growler in and get the 'Black eye'. someting about their Porter and IPA blend incredibly well.

Last edited by GregR; 03-16-2009 at 04:48 AM.

Quick Reply