Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Rogue's Imperial Chocolate Stout

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
svudah
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Rogue's Imperial Chocolate Stout

I picked up 2 12 oz. bottles of this new beer last night at Eugene City Brewery. It was the last 2 bottles they had and all expectation is that it will never be brewed again (it was made to commemorate the normal Choc. Stout's success in Japan).

Anyway, I drank one as soon as I got home: truly decadent. It doesn't have the sort of dense complexity of this years Abyss; this beer is all about chocolate. Rich cocoa aroma and a taste much like Hershey's dark milk chocolate. The 10% abv is completely masked by the flavor, though the sweetness alone makes this a sipper.

There's not much of this out there, so if you find any stock up. At $2.50 a bottle, how could you go wrong?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #2
Flyin' Lion
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

I just called our local beer store, but no dice. I'm expecting a call on Monday, though, that he can get it. I'm all about the chocolate.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply