Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Recommendations for "sessional" beers...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
nanop
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Recommendations for "sessional" beers...

(erg, that topic should have read "Sessionable")

So I'm heading out for a guy's weekend and looking to bring some good 6-packs of beer. I figured I'd through out a request for recommendations to broaden my horizons.

I typically like IPAs, Belgians, Saisons, Porters, etc.. My "go-to" beers have been Haverhill Leatherlips IPA, Jack D'or, Hoegardden, and mixed packs by Troags, Harpoon and Sam Adams. I'm not a fan of the malty octoberfests and couldn't stand drinking more than a few pumpkin ales in a weekend.

So, suggestions of reasonably-priced sessionable six-packs available in MA (basically under 6% ABV)?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Yankeehillbrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I've become a big fan of SN Kellerweis, I would think that it makes it's way to the East Coast. Gordon Biersch Marzen & Czech Pilsner are great as well. The Marzen isn't a big Malty beer, it has firm bitterness to it and is easy to drink. Lagunitas Czech Pilsner is excellent as well. But I'm not sure about distribution about those last three.

Kegged: NADA
Bottled: Blackberry Mead
Primary #1:IPA
Primary #2:
Secondary:
On Deck: Pilsener, Brown, Barleywine, Coffee Porter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply