Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > pumpkin ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
kdrenshaw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default pumpkin ale

I'm attempting my first pumpkin ale. I'm wondering if anybody has some ideas as to when I should actually add in the real pumpkin . My pumpkin is about 8lbs. And has been cubed and I'm debating splitting it in half and putting 4 pounds in my boil and then add the last 4 during fermentation. Or should I put all eight pounds in the fermentation? Or should i put all 8 in my boil? I'm looking for ideas from people that have had success in the past with pumpkin ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2013, 04:38 AM   #2
Cyclman
I Sell Koalas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 450 Times on 392 Posts
Likes Given: 144

I add mine to the boil, with the inevitable effect that lots ends up sucking up beer in the fermenter.

I think next year I'm going to try it in the mash.

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime! Bill Owen quote

Join the Beacon Point (Aurora, CO) Brewclub on Facebook- casual, fun brewing, drinking, socializing!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply