Palmetto Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VApatriot

Reaction score
I just got back from a week long vacation in Hilton Head SC. While I was there I had the opportunity to try a locally brewed (Charleston,SC I believe) pale ale by the Palmetto Brewing Co. I've gotta say that it was excellent! Nice blend of maltyness and hops, well balanced, nice reddish color. If you're ever down in South Carolina, give it a try, you won't be disapointed.

We've rented a condo on HH Island three of the last four summers, so I've had my share of Palmetto Pale Ale and Palmetto Amber. They're not spectacular by any means (my opinion anyway) but they're solid beers that are a welcome sight on tap at the local restaurants. I've certainly drank a bunch of it and would gladly drink a bunch more.

I've never seen it anywhere else. They must not distrubute very widely.

I like the pale ale. The rest of their beers are rather forgettable. I'm from Charleston, and it seems like their beers fall more in the line of people who think its trendy to drink craft beer. The good thing is that since its local, most restaurants carry it. Good fall back when the only other offerings are BMC.

Back