Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Omaha, suggestions?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
TheWeeb
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default Omaha, suggestions?

I will be flying into Omaha tomorrow (Oct 26) to catch the Roger Waters The Wall show at the Qwest center. A quick search shows Upstream Brewing Co. in the Old Market area, overall A- rating on Beer Advocate and walking distance.

Are there any other places I should hit up for craft brew, either in-house or tap selection?

Thanks!

Up Next: Imperial Rhubarb Wheat
Fermenting:
Enjoying: too many odd bottles to list..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Check out the places linked in the Beertopia website. Beertopia is the coolest store on the planet I am convinced. My Gf went to Omaha this summer to visit some of her family who have set up a Little Ceaser's Pizza franchise there, and I was looking for a store that would have stuff I couldn't get in Detroit. They were really helpful.

There's bars listed on their site as well. There's some place listed called MAx and Joe's Belgian Beer Tavern for one.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
remilard
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 37 Posts

Max and Joe's, Huber Haus and Crescent Moon are basically all the same bar, just different rooms with different themes, and are in the same building as Beertopia, all under the same ownership. Definitely go there. I like to sit in Crescent Moon as it is basically always empty. You can order the American beers from next door or the Belgian beers there. If you want German, you have to walk downstairs and buy them from Huber House, but you can bring them back and drink them at Crescent Moon. This is all within reasonable walking distance of the Qwest center if you have comfortable shoes on.

If you like watching frat boys drinking out of a stiefel, go downstairs to Huber House.

Upstream is very good. Nebraska Brewing Company, just south of Omaha, is fantastic. Find a way to make it there.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
TheWeeb
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Awesome suggestions, thanks! I see there is a Rock Bottom that opened up recently there as well; these places do vary greatly by brewmaster (Rick Abotol at our Englewood location is a former home brewer and does a most excellent job on the casks and seasonals, for example) so I will probably add that one as well. I arrive at 11:00 am and concert is at 8:00 pm, should be a very good Omaha Pub Crawl!

Up Next: Imperial Rhubarb Wheat
Fermenting:
Enjoying: too many odd bottles to list..

Quick Reply