Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Off to Prague

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #11
BrewJourney
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I was in Prague in August. Jsberry is right, Pivo is beer. Proseem (phonetically spelled) is please. All the Czech I could muster was Pivo Proseem, which was enough. You'll find a lot of the people speak English very well. If you get a chance, check out the brewery up near the Cathedral. It's the Saint Norbert Brewery and it was started by Monks that use the same recipe from 1000 years ago. It's GREAT beer and the atmosphere is awesome. Go at night, remember the Castle is open at Night and we went there was hardly anyone there, but the place is packed during the day. Also, a good local restaurant is Ferdinand's. The beer is great, the Goulash is awesome. Also, you will get charged for bread and chips that are on the table whether you eat them or not. There are tours that meet at the main square and the night time tour of Prague and underground tour are both really great (and include a free beer!) The night time tour takes you to the St. Norbert Brewery, but I wished we could have spent more time there. If you have any more questions, PM me. Prague was great and I can talk about it a lot. Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS