No Brown Shugga this year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllisTX

Reaction score
According to Lagunitas, they didn't have the capacity to brew Brown Shugga this year. Oddly enough, I'm a huge fan of this beer and I've never had the commercial version. I brewed a clone and it has just finished bottle conditioning and I thought that I had finished it just in time to get my hands on the real thing so I could do a side by side.

If anyone has some of this cellaring please let me know so we can work out a trade maybe.

Wayne

Aside from their beers, the personality that oozes from Lagunitas is something that keeps me as a fan. Maybe there will be a surprise spring run of the Shugga. I hope the holiday ale make it to TX.

couldnt agree more... the labels caught my attention, the beer keeps me coming back. SO much personality.

OP, any chance youd share that brown shugga clone recipe?

I had some brown masshugana at a holiday ale festival last winter... it was my favorite beer there by far, but certainly not the first one I had-- since most beers were 9%+, I didnt take good enough notes to even consider a clone, but Id love to try something in the neighborhood.

I wonder what this "sucks" beer has going differently for it that made them able to brew it but not the brown shugga. eh, im sure itll be great.

couldnt agree more... the labels caught my attention, the beer keeps me coming back. SO much personality.

OP, any chance youd share that brown shugga clone recipe?

I had some brown masshugana at a holiday ale festival last winter... it was my favorite beer there by far, but certainly not the first one I had-- since most beers were 9%+, I didnt take good enough notes to even consider a clone, but Id love to try something in the neighborhood.

I wonder what this "sucks" beer has going differently for it that made them able to brew it but not the brown shugga. eh, im sure itll be great.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/can-you-brew-recipe-lagunitas-brown-shugga-175374/

Lagunitas Sucks is a damn good IPA. It's awesome that Texas is starting to get a lot more of their seasonal offerings and their flagship IPA into our grocery and liqour stores.

They know what they are doing! Hop Stoopid and Sucks are outstanding IPAs!

Back