Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Ninkasi Believer Double Red Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2008, 12:03 AM   #1
McKBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Ninkasi Believer Double Red Ale

Serving Size: 22oz Bottle
Specs: 6.9% ABV, 60 IBU

Ninkasi Website

Appearance: Pours a dark reddish brown with a white, rapidly dissipating head. Minimal lacing on the sides of the glass.

Aroma- Caramel and chocolate with piney hops

Taste- Mostly caramel and chocolate malts, subdued piney hop presence coats the back and roof of the mouth. Another beer that gets better as it warms. It seems like there should be a bit more flavor based on the aroma.

Mouthfeel: Moderately carbonated, creamy.

Overall: This beer reminds me something I've had before, but I can't remember what. It's pretty damned good. I think I was expecting something hoppier, but this beer seems to be more malt focused. I'm going to give it a B overall. It's a decent beer and something I wouldn't mind cloning and putting on tap.

Leaving out the Beer Advocate link this time, because it looks like a bunch of tards wrote the reviews on this one.

Make Beer, Not War.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #2
tfries
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

We went to a Beer/Food paring dinner last night that featured Ninkasi beers. Jamie mentioned that the Believer Double Red was inspired by Jubelation but with American hops. It was his first seasonal, but decided later to make it a year around product.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
farmbrewernw
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Oh man, this one is great on tap, never much liked it in the bottle, but on tap it's like candy. I ended up drinking 3 pints of this one night and got pretty druk, you can't taste the high abv at all.

I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi
wow, tha more I drink, tha more cohernet you all are!
and stufffff.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #4
Casey27
Recipes 

This is a fantastic red ale, very smooth and super malty. Probably my all time second favorite red behind Mac n Jack's African Amber. I'd like to try cloning it sometime.

Quick Reply