Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Newcastle Brown Ale sucks

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #21
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 554 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by StunnedMonkey View Post
Man, you guys are pretty rough on poor ol' Newcastle. Yeah, I'd never order it at Mad Anthony's or anything stupid like that, but when you've been forced into eating at Outback and you see Bud, Bud Lite...blah blah...Foster's, then the Newcastle tap handle is a welcome sight.

I'm just sayin'.
Yeah, I was gonna say something similar when Orfy said that Newky was his port in a storm when there was no real beer available......If he lived in the US and frequented chain restaurants here ( I doubt very much he would) ....He would find himself drinking a LOT of Newcastle Brown!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
Rick_R
Still Love Fried Chicken
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

I do like an occasional Newcastle from a tap and my first home brew was targeting Newcastle. It's usually worthless in the bottle, though; I don't even try them.

I wonder the same thing as Danny13 - why the clear bottles? I have passed up a number of beers I'd be willing to try had they not been in clear bottle.

Rick

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply