Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > New Glarus' Golden Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
Bugaboo
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default New Glarus' Golden Ale

Love this beers. Had one last year and it was great. Just had another last week and it's even better. All of these Golden Ales were brewed 2 years ago and the brewery says you can leave it for up to 5 years. Nice floral taste and the second one I had definitely had a more prominent Brett taste to it.
Last week they had it available as a sample up at the gift shop. Not sure how long they will be doing that, but it's a great deal. I've been there 4 times now and this last time was the only time I've seen the bottling line in action. It's mesmerizing to watch that thing go and frustrating at the same time to think how slowly I bottle at home. One of the brewers spent some time talking to us about how things were done. I restrained myself from bugging him too much because he was busy and he was giving great information to my nonbrewing friends while he was one the computer(not so exciting for me info). Anyways for me it's definitely worth the trip just for the Golden Ale.

"If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose."
-Deep Thought, Jack Handy

"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply