Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > New brews from Sam

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 PM   #1
Spearo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default New brews from Sam

I was atthe local pub last week and there was a rep from Sam Adam's there pouring two preview tastings. They were soliciting feedback as only one of the two will make it to next years offering. One was an Irish Red Ale, the other was a Dunkelweizen.
I thought the Irish Red was good, but almost a little boring. Maybe is just wasn't to my taste. It was a little too bitter; not enough malt coming through. The Dunkel was very good. This was my first time trying a Dunkelweizen, but I liked it. I hope the Dunkel comes out on top.

Anyone else tried these?

Primary: EdWort's Apfelwein, Scottish Ale
Secondary:
Conditioning: Oatmeal Stout
On the shelf: Copper Ale, Ginger Porter, Sweet Stout (it sucks...future fertilizer)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2007, 12:09 AM   #2
talleymonster

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

no I have not, but I am interested!

Old 11-09-2007, 01:55 AM   #3
jvh261

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I went to a beerfest in Wisconsin a few months back and they were supposed to have these. Heard some people talking about them testing some Irish Red and a Dunkel and being able to vote between the two at the Sam's booth. Though I never saw any of it and when I got to the Sam's booth, it was the same stuff you always find.

I love Dunkels, so was very curious to give it a try.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:38 AM   #4
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 604 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I haven't tried 'em, but it doesn't surprise me that you found one to be a bit bland and boring. I find most of SA's beers to be bland and boring. The Summer Ale is good, with some interesting flavor from the grains of paradise. Otherwise, I generally pass on SA beer. You've piqued my curiosity with the dunkel, though...

Quick Reply