The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > New Belgium Brewing Co. -Skinny Dip-

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
Desert_Sky
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default New Belgium Brewing Co. -Skinny Dip-

Wow!! Ive had this beer in bottles many times since it's release. Pretty good stuff! But last night I finally found a bar with this on tap and holy cow! This stuff is great!

IMO it is a light Fat Tire. Its very smooth and very drinkable. And the Fat Tire aftertaste isnt there in this one, it's very smooth and balanced in this beer. The chocolate and crystal malts are subdued just a bit, letting this beer go down very easy.

If you havent yet, this is a definite must try

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #2
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

We unfortunately can't get there stuff here. Not that I have seen anyways .

Sounds good though. You know it is intersting to see how beer differs on tap vs. bottled. I am under the opinion that a large part of that is because bottles respond more quickly to temperature change than a keg so I think it is probably easier to turn bottles bad quicker.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
Desert_Sky

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebisch01
We unfortunately can't get there stuff here. Not that I have seen anyways .

Sounds good though. You know it is intersting to see how beer differs on tap vs. bottled. I am under the opinion that a large part of that is because bottles respond more quickly to temperature change than a keg so I think it is probably easier to turn bottles bad quicker.

well that, and kegs are usually kept refrigerated while bottles arent. Once the bottles are given to the distributor, who knows what kind of temps and light they are exposed to. Ive seen them sit in the warehouse for weeks at a time here in the desert which is far from ideal temps to store them at.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #4
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimone
well that, and kegs are usually kept refrigerated while bottles arent. Once the bottles are given to the distributor, who knows what kind of temps and light they are exposed to. Ive seen them sit in the warehouse for weeks at a time here in the desert which is far from ideal temps to store them at.
Yeah that too ! hehe. We do have quite a few distro's here that keep it all under one roof, but the kegs move a lot faster usually anyways. *sigh*

I am thirsty for a beer now

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Quick Reply