Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > New Avery beer to be bottled!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Timtastic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

Default New Avery beer to be bottled!

Last July I visited friends in Boulder, CO and toured the Avery Brewery and Tap Room, and was bitten by the homebrew bug. They had recently tapped a new brew, dubbed Lilikoi Kepolo, and it was amazing! Light and crisp with a beautiful white head, citrusy, with hints of mango and passionfruit, man it was perfect after a long day of hiking in the Rockies. It practically drank itself!

Anyway, my friend stopped by there recently and found out that they're getting the passionfruit and other ingredients flown in to bottle it, I can't wait!

This also got me thinking (and this may be a tad off topic ), but what would the time-table be for craft breweries to release new beers? Would they want to have it ready for some big festival or competition? What would be the "event-to-watch" to see who's pushing the boundaries or to learn more about what's being done? As I'm still a little green around the gills, I don't know how that works.

"He who serves his fellows, is of all his fellows, Greatest."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
Cyclman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 384 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 122

I love Avery. Sounds good.

I think they brew whatever'll get them the most money now.

Been to McNellie's in Tulsa? They have great / extreme beers.

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime! Bill Owen quote

Join the Beacon Point (Aurora, CO) Brewclub on Facebook- casual, fun brewing, drinking, socializing!

Old 03-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
Timtastic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

Luckily what makes them money is some really tasty beer! And I have been to McNellie's! Had a pint of Left Hand Milk Stout there the other night.

"He who serves his fellows, is of all his fellows, Greatest."

Quick Reply