Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > My Craft Beer Hit List!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 03:53 AM   #71
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 455 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 543

So I've quite remiss lately being busy with friends family and cigars. So I'm going to do multiple reviews tonight to make up for it.

Beer #48 - Jose Marti American Porter- Cigar City

First off I must say I'm a big fan of Cigar City Brewing. Most everything they put out I've found awesome. IMO, they're one of the best breweries in the game right now. Now to the review....

Medium rough pour unleashes a nice fluffy 3 finger peanut colored head. It hangs around taking its time retreating back down and notching the glass with lacing after every sip. The aroma smells of roast coffee, dark chocolate, and a mild balancing fruity citrus tone. Flavor is incredible smooth, you'd never know this was an 8% brew by the taste or aroma. Mild hoppiness on the front palate that provides great balance to fruity bitter chocolate like flavors mid palate. The finish is bitter but smooth with notes of caramel, roast coffee, dark chocolate, and a intermingling hop bitterness. The flavors really balance and play off each other incredibly well. Medium bodied with a pretty crisp finish. Overall a really great beer everyone should try if you see it.

My Grade - A

image-1067395110.jpg

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/cascades-key-west-333466/

Primary : Mosaic Cream ale
Primary : Simcoe Cream Ale
Primary : Soon to be filled
On Tap : French Oak Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout, Edicion Regionales Inglaterra

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 02:40 AM   #72
KeyWestBrewing
Recipes 

Beer #49 - Dugana IPA - Avery

Dark gold in color with a nice off white 2 finger head. Great lacing down the whole glass. Aroma if floral, citrusy, with notes of sweet tropical fruit. Flavor is strong taste of mandarin oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, with a mildly floral resiny finish and a slight heat in the background that's hardly noticeable. Medium bodied but still crisp. All around a phenomenal beer and a great example of the style.

My Grade - A+

EAC - 5/2/14

On Tap : French Oak Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout, Edicion Regionales Inglaterra

Old 12-19-2012, 04:37 AM   #73
KeyWestBrewing
Recipes 

Lol forgot the photo

image-259207744.jpg

EAC - 5/2/14

Old 12-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #74
LoloMT7
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1248 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 3336

subscribed

Old 12-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #75
EnjoyGoodBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrews
A lot of these selections with high reviews are just too sweet for me to be enjoyable. And I found the Innis and Gunn beer to be absolutely horrid. That's the thing about reviews... They're extremely personal and suit the tastes of the reviewer. One man's gold can easily be another man's garbage. Bulk reviews help somewhat with that dilemma, like those on Beeradvocate.
Agreed, but this mans passion for good beers should not be void. Would love to get my hands on a few that he had. Each to there own, but we all have the passion for a good ale/beer/lager. Keep them coming sir.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #76
KeyWestBrewing
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyGoodBeer

Agreed, but this mans passion for good beers should not be void. Would love to get my hands on a few that he had. Each to there own, but we all have the passion for a good ale/beer/lager. Keep them coming sir.
Thanks a ton and will do!!!!

EAC - 5/2/14

Old 12-29-2012, 03:25 AM   #77
KeyWestBrewing
Recipes 

Beer #50 - Lucky Basartd - Stone Brewing

Pours a nice copper color with a frothy light tan head that fades slowly leaving a nice lacing. Aroma is a soft resin pine like character with a nice malty backbone. Also some subtle notes of sugar and maple. Not very aromatic though. Very complex taste with a lot of flavors going on. Sweet maltiness, caramel, syrup, and brown sugar on the front palate. Light roast coffee and maple mid palate, and a smooth piney bitterness that rounds out the flavors quite nicely on the finish. Also some flavors that taste almost like citrus pith intermingled with the resinous flavors. Medium bodied with a great mouthfeel that coats the mouth. No alcoholic notes, very smooth, and very complex.

My Grade - A

image-3329942857.jpg

EAC - 5/2/14

Old 01-01-2013, 02:26 AM   #78
KeyWestBrewing
Recipes 

Beer #51 - Wake n Bake Coffee Oatmeal Stout - Terrapin

This stuff pours almost a dark black out of the bottle opening up a dark caramel colored 2-3 finger head. The head fades down pretty quick leaving awesome stained glass lacing. Aroma is very strong smelling of roast coffee, more coffee, and a touch of chocolate, then more dark coffee. Tastes incredible with a nice silky mouthfeel. Heavy fresh roasted mocha coffee interwoven with creamy chocolate, caramel, and hints of vanilla that go in and out. There's also a slight bitterness you get from a fresh cup of joe. Not unpleasant at all, it actually balances well with the malty sweetness. Without reading it, you wouldn't know this beer was 8abv as there's no heat or alcohol taste. It's completely masked by wonderfully rich and roasty flavors. This beer is by far one of my favorite stouts. If you haven't tried it yet you need to!!! And stock up because they only release it this time of year. Happy New Year, I hope it's a good one for everybody!

My Grade - A+

Figured I'd add... if your a cigar smoker that enjoys full bodied, roasty, chocolatey, maduro wrapped smokes. This is the ultimate drink pairing!!!
image-4133069781.jpg

EAC - 5/2/14

Old 01-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #79
KeyWestBrewing
Recipes 

Beer #52 - Double Stout Black Ale - Green Flash

If you like a rough pour like myself ease up on this one. Well carbed, pitch black body, explodes into a thick froth that makes a head 1/4 of the glass that's peanut colored. Great retention, it just hangs out until you move in for a sip. As it slowly fades it leaves a ton of lacing, this beer is sticky. Immediately I get a big whiff of black patent and dark fruit followed by roast coffee and dark chocolate. Semi sweet chocolate and dark fruit jump out on the front palate. Backed up by a long and smooth caramel, nutty, roast coffee, and chocolate fudge finish. Pretty complex. The body and mouthfeel are a bit thin. Which is surprising, from the pour I thought I was going to chew my way to the bottom of the pint. Then again its 8.8abv so that could play a part in it lacking body. Even still its an all around fantastic stout. If it had more body I'd say A+ for sure.

My Grade - A

image-4284079164.jpg

EAC - 5/2/14

Old 01-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #80
KeyWestBrewing
Recipes 

Beer #53 - Florida Cracker Belgian-Style White Ale - Cigar City

So after being sick the past week I'm finally feeling better. And now that I can smell and taste again its time for a beer review. So on to the good stuff...

One of Cigar Citys canned offerings this beer pours a cloudy and light golden straw color with a huge pillowy head true to style. Very well carbonated, and not much if any lacing which is a bit surprising for a wit. Big wheat aroma with hints of coriander and orange. Tastes pretty much the same as it smells. Wheat and saison yeast character on the front palate, coriander and citrusy orange flavors mid palate, and a light bready finish with lingering citrus notes. Fairly dry and crisp with a light body. Overall it's a pretty straight forward Witibier with just a little more pizazz from the yeast.

My Grade - B+

image-327499708.jpg

EAC - 5/2/14

Quick Reply