Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > My Craft Beer Hit List!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #151
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 433 Times on 350 Posts
Likes Given: 526

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwilcr

I didn't realize you were able to get great divide locally, I figured you got it in one of the trades you organized lately. One of these days I'm going to get in on one of those MOW's but there aren't too many beers people want I can get my hands on except anything crooked stave.
Yea I was very surprised myself. The MAW is pretty wild. A lot of beers I've never heard of before.

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : French Oak Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout
Primary : Edicion Regionales Inglaterra
Primary : Oh My Darling Clementine Wheat
On Tap : Red, Wheat, and Blue, Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout 2.0, Cayo Hueso Cream Ale, Atocha Amber

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 02:07 AM   #152
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 433 Times on 350 Posts
Likes Given: 526

Beer #84 - Wreck The Halls - Full Sail

So I saw this beer in the store the other day and thought...can I really do a review of a winter beer in the middle of the summer? With temperatures in the 90's and daily down pours reminding me its hurricane season? I say sure why the hell not, things dont have to make sense when you live in Key West!!! Now, to the point.
Golden orange on the pour this beer quickly tops up to a 3 finger yellow-orange head that quickly recedes leaving behind a little lacing. Once settled the body is more of a true copper and is filled with floaties. This beer smells past its prime as I dont get much hop aroma. Its more like a barleywine thats yet to develop its complexity with light hints of raisin, some yeast character, light booziness, and some caramel malt. The flavor is in line with the aroma minus any yeast character. Obviously this beer was meant to enjoyed 6 months ago. Body is light-medium and carbonation is normal. In the end I know Ive had this beer way past its best by date and because of this I dont feel its right trying to rate it.

My Grade - N/A

image-3203019750.jpg

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : French Oak Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout
Primary : Edicion Regionales Inglaterra
Primary : Oh My Darling Clementine Wheat
On Tap : Red, Wheat, and Blue, Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout 2.0, Cayo Hueso Cream Ale, Atocha Amber

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply