The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Commercial Brew Discussion > Michelob porter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 03:56 AM   #1
RodfatherX
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Michelob porter

So I was at walgreens just picking up some stuff we forgot to get earlier today for the 4th. I decided I would go peak in the liquor store part of it. Anyways long story short I found Michelobs porter for $5.49. So I was like hell for $5.49 I'll try it. And I must say.....it is not all that bad. Good chocolate malt flavor and pretty smooth....as it says on the bottle. Not really bitter enough for my taste and a bit bland. And the color is way off it is probably only about 17L. But hey it is an A-B product, so it is really pretty decent for them. And it will probably get more michelob people to try other dark beers. Probably a good choice for a place that has a deal on domestics in bottle.

Which really annoys me that a lot of places only consider BMC domestic. If they mean BMC....why don't they just say that. But that is a drunken rant for another time.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2008, 05:52 AM   #2
Tankard
Recipes 

I'm not too surprised. Michelob Amber Bock is decent as well. Thanks for the tip, I may try it if it is cheap enough.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I would try it, but it's not cheap enough to buy it. What is it? $11 for 12? I can buy a 12 pack Optimator for $15. If it was priced like BMC though, then I'd jump at it.

Old 07-05-2008, 01:59 AM   #4
RodfatherX
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humpsalot View Post
I would try it, but it's not cheap enough to buy it. What is it? $11 for 12? I can buy a 12 pack Optimator for $15. If it was priced like BMC though, then I'd jump at it.
Wow Humps

How much do BMC products cost where you live. I think they are about $5 on average for BMC around here.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:03 AM   #5
Sir Humpsalot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodfatherX View Post
Wow Humps

How much do BMC products cost where you live. I think they are about $5 on average for BMC around here.
The OP said he paid $5.49. I assume that was for a 6er. I have no idea what BMC costs in my area. I don't think I've ever bought a case, or even a 6er, of BMC in my entire life.

Wow. I can't believe I just said that. I'm going to have to think about it a little harder, but right now, honestly, I can't ever remember having bought BMC. Wow. Just Wow. Surely I must have at some point!!! I'll have to think about it some more...

Old 07-05-2008, 02:06 AM   #6
Kai

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

BMC and MLK (Molson-Labatt-Keiths) are $10+ for a 6-pack. Craft beer starts at near $12 for a six pack. Two-fours of the cheapest swill out there are $35. Imports other than HeinekenGuinnessStella are only available as singles for $2.50+. CAD is at parity with USD. Don't you guys complain.

Kegged: Christmas Ale
Bottle Conditioning:
Drinking: Saison Bâtard

The Green Wall Nanobrewery
tibi non nolis

Old 07-05-2008, 02:50 AM   #7
Dinbin

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We got excited to see the big brewers trying to expand their offerings to appeal to a larger section of beer people, but i was very unimpressed with the porter. I found it to be.... not a porter. But like the amberbach it may interest more drinkers in the wider world of beer that is out there that they are unaware of.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky... Try to take over the world!

Old 07-05-2008, 03:20 AM   #8
RodfatherX
Recipes 

BTW Dinbin

I love the quote in your sig

Quick Reply